1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
My guess is about 542 hp

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm guessing 385HP. I think Ford is totally sandbagging with the new 5.0 and 3.7L motors.

·
Registered
568 Posts
So when do we find out? I have an auto and would love to know.
SCT said they dynoed an auto and they got the dyno graph showed 360.71 horsepower at the rear wheels and 326.23 ft-lbs. of torque.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not all of us can see youtube. Navy actually blocks Youtube and lets Facebook through.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So when do we find out? I have an auto and would love to know.
SCT said they dynoed an auto and they got the dyno graph showed 360.71 horsepower at the rear wheels and 326.23 ft-lbs. of torque.
That sounds reasonable. i test drove an automatic yesterday (only thing they had) and my 06 feels like it had more torque than the 2011

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to re-encode the video tonight to make it compatible with YouTube. I'll post numbers tomorrow after I get a copy of the dyno graph.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Were are the results? Is it the 355/323? If so why is the torque so low on the auto's?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some very good guesses all around. Final numbers for an Automatic with 3.15:1 gears on our Eddy Current Dyno were ... 340 rwhp and 308 ft-lbs rwtorque. Not too bad considering this was a hot/warm pull.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thats one thing I dislike about mod motors (including mine) is the torque numbers

I prefer the torque numbers on modified pushrod 5.0litres better than the hp numbers of the new one

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just can not believe these autos are this far off. Now you have SCT claiming 360/326 and these guys 340/308.
Screw the Dyno's on the autos we need to get some of these on the tracks. I can believe a manuel is getting over 360 tq and an auto is 308-326. Something is wrong with the testing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just can not believe these autos are this far off. Now you have SCT claiming 360/326 and these guys 340/308.
Screw the Dyno's on the autos we need to get some of these on the tracks. I can believe a manuel is getting over 360 tq and an auto is 308-326. Something is wrong with the testing.
I believe SCT's numbers are definitely possible. Again, this was on a hot pull on a warm (75-80 degree) day. A cold pull could have easily yielded probably another 10-15 hp and torque. Also depends on the kind of dyno. Eddy Current style dynos like ours tend to be a bit more conservative than a Dyno Jet. For example when Edmunds Inside Line tested a 2011 manual with 3.73 gears they got 395/365. Albeit this was a Press Car which are know to be "enhanced" at times to give better impressions to magazines. But you can figure that that car would have put down roughly 355/335 on an Eddy Current Dyno.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wheres the guy that clicked off a 12.7 @ 115 mph? I want to see some more auto GT's running down the track! If things don't prove these numbers wrong, I am done and canceling my order I must have an auto I drive way to much, to row the boat at every stop light in down town traffic everyday! Looks like Government Motors might just get more of my money, and Corvette might just be in my drive way for a fun car! Hope this gets proven wrong starting to remind me of the 99 cobras!!! :(

·
Registered
568 Posts
If the gear the auto was dyno'd in isnt 1:1, it will also produce a lower measured number. I do not think you can get the gear 1:1 with this auto.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.