Status
Not open for further replies.

Magna Charger's 2011 GT Baseline Dyno Run

8K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  MagnaChargerJon 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My guess is about 542 hp

#5 ·
I'm guessing 385HP. I think Ford is totally sandbagging with the new 5.0 and 3.7L motors.

#17 ·
I just can not believe these autos are this far off. Now you have SCT claiming 360/326 and these guys 340/308.
Screw the Dyno's on the autos we need to get some of these on the tracks. I can believe a manuel is getting over 360 tq and an auto is 308-326. Something is wrong with the testing.

#18 ·
I believe SCT's numbers are definitely possible. Again, this was on a hot pull on a warm (75-80 degree) day. A cold pull could have easily yielded probably another 10-15 hp and torque. Also depends on the kind of dyno. Eddy Current style dynos like ours tend to be a bit more conservative than a Dyno Jet. For example when Edmunds Inside Line tested a 2011 manual with 3.73 gears they got 395/365. Albeit this was a Press Car which are know to be "enhanced" at times to give better impressions to magazines. But you can figure that that car would have put down roughly 355/335 on an Eddy Current Dyno.

#19 ·
Wheres the guy that clicked off a 12.7 @ 115 mph? I want to see some more auto GT's running down the track! If things don't prove these numbers wrong, I am done and canceling my order I must have an auto I drive way to much, to row the boat at every stop light in down town traffic everyday! Looks like Government Motors might just get more of my money, and Corvette might just be in my drive way for a fun car! Hope this gets proven wrong starting to remind me of the 99 cobras!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.