Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with a magnaflo cat back and lowered suspension have axle clearance issues?

I thought it was just one side but seems both hump pipes are hitting the axle tubes. I am dropped about 1-1/2in. in the rear its not hitting bad and only on bumps, but its bothering me. I raised up to a 1in. drop and its still hitting. I tried adjusting the pipes too but nothing seems to work.

G

·
0 Posts
The overaxle pipes can be adjusted forward and back at the midpipe. Loosen the clamps at the h-pipe and slide the overaxle pipes in or out so that the bend in the pipe is centered over the axle and panhard bar brace.

After adjusting mine properly I've gone about 4,000 miles with no issues.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you are correct about the bit of adjustability, however i tried all possible positions, all the way in as well as all the way out ( actually further in making the pipe shorter was closet to correcting the problem)

G

·
0 Posts
If shortening the pipe lessened the problem it may be necessary to cut an inch or so off the pipe at the midpipe to shorten it a little bit more. It took me two tries adjusting the pipe but I haven't had any issues since.

Try removing your rear springs with your car on jackstands and jack up the axle with a floor jack so you can see exactly where it is hitting. With a friend adjust some more until you get maximum clearance.

Tomorrow I will have my car on a lift and I will shoot some pictures of how my pipes are routed to give you some reference.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have posted about this a few times. If you are dropped descent there is no way around not rubbing with the magnaflow 3" exhaust over the axle. I cut mine shifted forward and gained maximum clearance. Simply not enough room with 3" pipes that are not ovaled. I pushed the exhaust all the way up into the body by hand and it still only left about 2" of clearance from the axle.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I still hit here or there (basically when I've already hit the bumpstops and theyr'e compressed as far as they'll go), but magnaflow did this for me:

Took some length out of the pipe, and added in that 2" extension. They did a ton of measuring, but I'm almost certain any real competent exhaust shop could handle making that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I cant get my stainless works catback adjusted right and Im not lowered. The rattle drives me crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts