Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the axle back muffler deletes by magnaflow will do for warranty issues? Void warranty? Or doesn't void warranty?

·
Registered
516 Posts
No modification to the exhaust after the Rear O2 sensors will void warranty unless Ford engineers can prove that your modification has directly caused the damage.

For example, if you crush the tail pipe and the engine is damaged, then the crushed tailpipe is likely the culprit. Ford won't cover that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
+1. Rearward of the O2 sensors/catalytic converters have no effect on warranty.

Even going forward of those doesn't void the warranty -- Ford could just refuse to fix whatever problem you have that it can reasonably blame on the aftermarket exhaust and the computer re-tune it required. Of course, blaming such modifications is always their first instinct . . . and probably makes good business sense from their perspective :mad:

But staying to the rear of the cats is generally accepted as okay by the dealers, as it can't affect anything else. You won't get any grief.

·
Registered
893 Posts
dont count on it,you better have deep pockets if you plan to fight Ford on a warrenty claim with modified anything.I think it all depends on your dealer.I've seen this with both cars and bikes.If It's something major they will fight to void your warrenty and not cover it.

I think you should be ok with the deletes but I would keep the stock mufflers just incase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.