Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I've got the o/r pro chamber, it'll be on next Monday. I have flowmasters now and have finally decided I want to go with magna something. I'm 48, I travel in my car with my wife sometimes, I live in a smaller town and law enforcement already seems to scopelock on me. Sooo....Magnaflow...or...Magnapack? I want a great sound. Loud's O.K.! But not too loud. It's a decent investment, a catback I mean, so I don't want to make a mistake. I've been to the sites where you can here different set ups, but not the set ups I'll have. Heeelp if you can....thanks so much.....

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I would think an o/r pipe of any sort with Magnapacks is going to be very very loud. Heck, I get nervous around cops with my Pypes (Flowmaster rip-offs). I don't think online sound clips do justice for any setup, but I guess they are more for hearing tone rather than volume.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I drove my car for the first time with the Magnaflows on yesterday. Its pretty quiet, but it still has the 6 factory cats in place for now. I'm gonna buy a tuner before I put the off road X on. I think it sounds quiet to me because I have tail pipes again, those flows with dumps were bbrrr....drooooone..... Its was loud inside the car and it sucked. An off road prochamber and packs is gonna be one of the loudest setups you can get. I wish I had my off road pipe on so I could tell you how loud it is. I didn't want the packs because I've had really loud cars before and I just want it to sound good, screw the loudest pipes in town rep. My cars sounds really nice on deceleration, nice little cracks, and burbles! I feel stupid for even wasting money on the chokemasters, crapmasters, dronemasters. Now all rpms sound aligned, tone wise. Good luck in your descion, remember I got the killer deal at: http://www.completeexhaust.com/ Make sure you call them to order.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FunkyBoss said:
I would think an o/r pipe of any sort with Magnapacks is going to be very very loud. Heck, I get nervous around cops with my Pypes (Flowmaster rip-offs). I don't think online sound clips do justice for any setup, but I guess they are more for hearing tone rather than volume.
Yea, I'm definatley leaning toward magnaflow. Thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.