Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking to get some quality sound of my car but i am on a tight budget. I've always liked the sound of magnaflow, so my idea is to get the stock mufflers cut out and replaced with magnapacks welded in (to keep costs low). Does anyone run this setup? I want to make sure it will be loud enough, I don't want crazy loud but I want to be able to turn some heads with the exhaust. Any help is appreciated, THANKS!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello all, I'm looking to get some quality sound of my car but i am on a tight budget. I've always liked the sound of magnaflow, so my idea is to get the stock mufflers cut out and replaced with magnapacks welded in (to keep costs low). Does anyone run this setup? I want to make sure it will be loud enough, I don't want crazy loud but I want to be able to turn some heads with the exhaust. Any help is appreciated, THANKS!
Youtube. I personally love the sound of the Magnapacks with an O/R H-pipe, but that is what most would consider "crazy loud". If you have the stock midpipe with cats in place you’ll be just fine, not too loud, but still loud.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Replacing just the mufflers is very common and will increase the sound. I'm a flowmaster junky so I like them more but magnapacks seem to be popular enough.

It will not be super loud though. I think a great compromise is getting an off road H pipe and keeping the stock catback...djalsip has that setup and it sounds very good.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Replacing just the mufflers is very common and will increase the sound. I'm a flowmaster junky so I like them more but magnapacks seem to be popular enough.

It will not be super loud though. I think a great compromise is getting an off road H pipe and keeping the stock catback...djalsip has that setup and it sounds very good.
Just keep in mind that the Magnapacks are straight-through (shotgun style) mufflers, and will require modification to the catback. Flowmasters are chambered and can be directly welded into the stock catback without any further modification.

I love my setup with the O/R H-pipe and stock catback, I get compliments on it ALL the time. I wish it was a little louder, but seeing I do most my driving on the highway in 50+mph it is nice that it is not too loud. If you look up 'DJAlsip' on Youtube you can see some of my videos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just keep in mind that the Magnapacks are straight-through (shotgun style) mufflers, and will require modification to the catback. Flowmasters are chambered and can be directly welded into the stock catback without any further modification.

I love my setup with the O/R H-pipe and stock catback, I get compliments on it ALL the time. I wish it was a little louder, but seeing I do most my driving on the highway in 50+mph it is nice that it is not too loud. If you look up 'DJAlsip' on Youtube you can see some of my videos.
Do the midpipes differ from Automatic to manual transmissions? I have an auto and somebody told me this however they were not a very reliable source haha

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Do the midpipes differ from Automatic to manual transmissions? I have an auto and somebody told me this however they were not a very reliable source haha
I have seen some midpipes that only fit manuals, as the auto transmission is wider where the exhaust comes down from the manifolds and go back. These have mainly been X-pipes, and they will specify in the product description if they only fit manual cars. I have a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel MAC O/R H-pipe, which I am very happy with. I have an auto also, btw.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It will be louder than stock, but not TOO loud. It will sound great.

Check mine out, O/r 2.5" h-pipe with magnapacks and stock exhaust manifolds:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey man,

I had this exact setup for a short while (stock h-pipe and Magnaflow Magnapacks welded in). When I picked my car up from the shop and turned it on for the first time, I can't even tell you how big my grin was. This setup sounds awesome and is definitely not too loud. It gives it that deep, throaty rumble that I personally feel all Mustangs should have. To DJAlsip's point, it will require some modification to the catback. The guys at the shop welded in some straight pipe behind each muffler to accommodate the "shotgun" design and they have been in place for two years now with no complaints. This is a great first and budget-friendly exhaust mod. Let us know if you end up doing it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts