Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a lack of postings and only a few youtubes of this catback. seriously considering going this route instead of the Dynomax but hoping to get some feedback from people who have installed them.

Hows the fitment and overal quality? How would you describe the sound both outside as well as inside? Any notable drone or particular RPM-dependant drone? How deep is the tone?

I have no problem with a healthy exhaust note, in fact that is what I'm after without going too loud. The Dynomax I currently have sounds great most of the time except for the wicked drone exactly at 2500rpms (which also manifests as a high pitch scream during moderate acceleration through that rpm) which is kinda rough. I'm not completely ready to give up on the system but its definately time to look at other alternatives and this is one that recieves a little talk but I just haven't seen that many first person accounts :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just put my order in for the Steeda Axle back exhaust. I did a lot of youtube hunting like you did and I came across the Steeda video on the website.

Check this out...2011 2012 Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust

When the car starts up and takes off it has a great grumble!! i chose this one over the magnaflow because it was a little cheaper had a cleaner sound, and has a lifetime warranty without voiding the original warranty. This all = a happy purchase!!!

Definitely worth a look/listen

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I just put my order in for the Steeda Axle back exhaust. I did a lot of youtube hunting like you did and I came across the Steeda video on the website.

Check this out...2011 2012 Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust

When the car starts up and takes off it has a great grumble!! i chose this one over the magnaflow because it was a little cheaper had a cleaner sound, and has a lifetime warranty without voiding the original warranty. This all = a happy purchase!!!

Definitely worth a look/listen
I do believe those are GT Axlebacks... of course they have a great grumble!

"Steeda Axle-Back Exhaust - GT & GT500 - 11-12"

Might wanna cancel your order unless you happen to be in the v6 forum on accident :shigrin

G

·
Seems a lack of postings and only a few youtubes of this catback. seriously considering going this route instead of the Dynomax but hoping to get some feedback from people who have installed them.

Hows the fitment and overal quality? How would you describe the sound both outside as well as inside? Any notable drone or particular RPM-dependant drone? How deep is the tone?

I have no problem with a healthy exhaust note, in fact that is what I'm after without going too loud. The Dynomax I currently have sounds great most of the time except for the wicked drone exactly at 2500rpms (which also manifests as a high pitch scream during moderate acceleration through that rpm) which is kinda rough. I'm not completely ready to give up on the system but its definately time to look at other alternatives and this is one that recieves a little talk but I just haven't seen that many first person accounts :bigthumbsup
I'd been reading good things about the new Dynomax, but exhaust sound is a tricky thing.
I've had the Magnaflow streets on for about 4 months now and I really like them. I see some of the old guys on these threads refer to the brand as "magnadrone" but maybe that was just on previous models. They don't drone at all, and I've heard and owned several droning exhaust. There is a little bit of boom right at 2K rpm but it's fairly mild, even with my 91 octane hybrid race tune and CAI which increase the exhaust note. I wanted Deep and louder than stock, but not loud, ricey, or popping. And I got what I wanted with the street series, Borla Touring(the latest version) was 1st choice but I had a dealer contact and got the street series for several hundred less, so I went with my 2nd choice after lots, and lots of research.
Several Pics on my profile, and my vid is on youtube as well.
Good luck finding the sound you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts