Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 GT with a Pypes Offroad X pipe and im looking to switch my exhaust out. Im currently running the stock mufflers but for some reason it started to drone really bad almost to where its unbearable. When I bought the offroad x i bought slp lms to go with it...that lasted two days way too loud. So basically im asking which one between the borla stingers or magnapacks is going to sound better with less drone. I dont mind them being loud but not loudmouth loud.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 10 GT with a Pypes Offroad X pipe and im looking to switch my exhaust out. Im currently running the stock mufflers but for some reason it started to drone really bad almost to where its unbearable. When I bought the offroad x i bought slp lms to go with it...that lasted two days way too loud. So basically im asking which one between the borla stingers or magnapacks is going to sound better with less drone. I dont mind them being loud but not loudmouth loud.
Keep the SLP and get a catted x-pipe instead.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I hated my frpp stingers, droned so much id get sick on a long roadtrip

Sent from my driver's seat using my Fire

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
It sounds like the off-road x pipe is the problem, if you are getting drone with the stock muFflers I think you will have drone with anything.

The FRPP KR aka FR500S mufflers or Magnaflow rectangular mufflers might be worth a try

·
Registered
222 Posts
I went from Borla stingers to magnaflow 15882 and the drone is gone. But its not loud anymore either I'm very happy with the change.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
I went from Borla stingers to magnaflow 15882 and the drone is gone . . . .
Those are the rectangular ones, right?

Back to the original question: I think magnapacks or stingers, both tiny little straight-through cans, will make it worse, not better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts