Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everybody

i want your opinion and experience about combination of my mustang

i already install MAGNAFLOW exhaust 3'' magnapacks #16674

with everything else stock.

next month i'll be adding MAGNAFLOW TRU X - X pipe catted #

anyone have this same combination, i would like to know if its worth it for my 2007 GT ??

thank u so much
:laughlitt

Attachments

·
Banned
696 Posts
unless you're using high flow cats with that you won't gain much of anything, you'll just get a slightly raspier sound.
Then again 3" exhaust on a stock car isn't very good, you're losing torque down low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless you're using high flow cats with that you won't gain much of anything, you'll just get a slightly raspier sound.
Then again 3" exhaust on a stock car isn't very good, you're losing torque down low.
i totally agree with you about losing torque, i am hoping that TRU X will fix things up plus giving me that muscle car sound.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It will be a little higher pitched but it will still have muscular tone. I ran magnapacks with a prochamber with hi-flow cats for over a year. One of my favorite exhaust set-ups.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That setup will sound great go for it unless you plan to get LTs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have magnapacks with kooks headers and O/R x pipe. LOVE IT!!!!! I stuck with stock exhaust tubing size on my x. If u get a 3 inch expect it too be loud all the time. I have a friend with a 3 inch and his is way louder than mine. Idles louder and drives louder. Mine is quiet when I want it to be and when I want it loud I just floor it!!!! O and I can cruise at 70mph and talk on the phone and not be bothered by the exhaust. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i'll stay with stock, only adding magnapacks and that catted TRU X to my car.
no LT and not even an air intake, well at least for the coming years.
Then go for it the magnaflow x pipe fits great and sounds awesome I have no complaints with mine other than it's ridiculously loud.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Instead of Magnaflow #15448 I went with American Racing Header Long Tubes 1 ¾” primaries w/catted X-Pipe #MST0634WC. It is very loud from 1500 to 2000 RPM but then settles down a bit. ARH and Magnaflow both make quality products. On a Vortech V-3 Si-Trim car I picked up 18 RWHP and 11 RWTQ with the long tubes and 3” magnapacks.

Have you thought about long tubes with catted X-Pipe rather than the Mangaflow Tru X-Pipe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem of my recent setting is its loud inside, specially when i first time install 3" to my stock h/pipe, also it doesnt have that sound of muscle car as it sound like truck or bus !!

The loudness become less by time ( its been a year driving with 3'').
i dont like the idea that it will be LOUD with this new setting. like how much loud?? same as NOW LOUD ( 3" + stock h/pipe) ?? if there chance it LESS loud with raspier sound, i'll be happy. :yelpleased:

i want to thank you all for really great infos you giving me :worship:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The problem of my recent setting is its loud inside, specially when i first time install 3" to my stock h/pipe, also it doesnt have that sound of muscle car as it sound like truck or bus !!

The loudness become less by time ( its been a year driving with 3'').
i dont like the idea that it will be LOUD with this new setting. like how much loud?? same as NOW LOUD ( 3" + stock h/pipe) ?? if there chance it LESS loud with raspier sound, i'll be happy. :yelpleased:

i want to thank you all for really great infos you giving me :worship:bigthumbsup
You could always add resonators or glasspacks just before the axle if it's too loud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.