Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, there were some bolt ons on it, so i figured that the provious owner may have had a tune done to it. But now that I've given up trying to find what octane it was supposed to run on between 89, 90, 91, 92, 93. So i gave up and just tossed 87 in there just for the hell of it. Lo' and behold the car is faster, smoother, and gets better MPG on 87.

This leads me to believe that the car's ECU is still stock. So should I really get a tune if I have full Bolt-ons on a 5 speed? (CAI, TB, Plenum, UDPs, Ignition, catted X, cat back.)

Also, I am going to get my cats removed on my xpipe this week. I've heard this will throw a code up, will a tuner get rid of that?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yes it will. get a custom bama tune, they tune it according to whats done to the car. best thing of course is a dyno tune. they got me an extra 8rwhp and 12rwtq above the bama tune.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but yeah I figured that a dyno tune would be the best, but I dont think that the money is worth it. When I do my PI swap I'll be bringing it down there. What HP gains did you get from the bama tune?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
well with my bolt-ons and the bama tune i was pushing 308rwhp and 306rwtq. it did what it needed to do but it was on the conservative side so nothing blows up. i only paid $250 for my dyno tune here where i stay. after the dyno tune im at the numbers listed below.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
but when you do the PI swap then you can get it dyno tuned for max gains. right now a bama tune would do you good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts