Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm looking for some thoughts and or ideas as im putting together a binder of everything relating to my pony(oil changes, maintenance, mods, etc). Does anyone know of a standard or have a template or any ideas on how it should be setup? Any help would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I had my 68 I keep everything in a notebook with dividers to create different sections - maintenance, repairs, restoration, etc. I kept all receipts in the appropriate section wih an Excel spreadsheet in the front of the section summarizing everything. The spreadsheet had date, mileage, description and cost. This notebook proved to be very helpful and impressive to the buyer when I sold the 68. Also something like this would be very valuable if you ever had an insurance claim.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just have a simple excel document with two tabs. One tab tracks all maintenance items (i.e. oil, filters, tire rotation, etc.). It has the date, milage, event and milage/date of next change. The second tab lists my mods as well as the price I paid, where I bought it from, the part # and the manufacture.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a log for my VW Jetta and my wife has always kept a log for her cars. It's a simple excel sheet. If your interested I'll forward it to you tonight.

·
Registered
435 Posts
http://myford.fordvehicles.com

This is Ford's owner's website. All services performed by ford dealers are put into this log for your vehicle, and you can add your own entries for services you do yourself, or services done by someone other than a Ford dealer. :)

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Crazy001 said:
http://myford.fordvehicles.com

This is Ford's owner's website. All services performed by ford dealers are put into this log for your vehicle, and you can add your own entries for services you do yourself, or services done by someone other than a Ford dealer. :)
2006 models are not an option yet on that site.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I use an Excel document as well. Here is the basic format I've used on my old
Mustang and Lincoln. If anyone is interesed in it I will be glad to forward the
basic document and you can modify it to suit your needs. Just send me an email
request.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
windows based is neat, but I still gotta thing for good old PAPER...

officemax/others sell Avery dividers with prepunched/pocketed/color coded tabs that look very cool- I'm kinda leaning that way for my 'baby book'.
I got one of the 'comb' binders long ago for bundling machine schematics and such, but found those rainbow tabbed/clear covered/comb bound notebooks look as neat as they are functional.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thats pretty neat adrenal.

I just use our computer system at work(Goodyear store) That logs date/milage/cost/description. Comes in handy.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Adrenal said:
I use an Excel document as well. Here is the basic format I've used on my old
Mustang and Lincoln. If anyone is interesed in it I will be glad to forward the
basic document and you can modify it to suit your needs. Just send me an email
request.
I got it. Thank you !!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got Adrenals Excel Sheet (thanks), i will be working on a version that suits my needs, it will be done as a database in MS Access, when its done i will post pics of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts