Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have a stock 96 gt and i want to make it LOUD im talking set off car alarms loud. However i dont want to cut or dump the pipes so what else could i do that wouldnt cost to much money please include prices if you know them thanks guys all thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hmm. Cheap. NO. Scream, we can do that. SLP loud Mouth 2, there really raspy though, but thats to be expected if you want it real loud. Oh and an H or X pipe, non catted prefferably.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Also, increasing the amount of air going into your engine, IE: C.A.I, TB/Plenum, Manifold seems to affect the tone.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I set off a car alarm once with my exhaust set up but you have to have your rear end pretty close to the car in question. I did it on accident I thought I hit the car at first.

·
Registered
281 Posts
off road h-pipe and slp loudmouth will steer you right.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i set them off with my off road h and flowmaster original 40 series.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
SLP Loudmouths are the loudest quality resonators I know of (they aren't actually mufflers, per se).

No "cheap" alternatives I'm aware of, swapping out exhaust components usually costs money.

Welllll....

You could just pull the Mufflers and have pipe welded in. That would be real loud, and cost little. Obnoxious, even.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
About the loudest I can think of is just putting in mandrel bent tubes all the way to the back, no mufflers or cats, but it will be incredibly loud, as in "Hi officer jones, yes I remember your name, you and officers herpes and crotchrot pull me over every day"
An offroad h or x and a set of flowmasters or loudmouths will be pretty damn loud and won't get you so many visits from the pd.
Or the absolute loudest would be long tube headers and nothing else, but forget about driving that on the street, it'll sound like don garlits.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as SLP loudmouths which would be reconmended the generation II Bullets or the Generation I shotguns

·
Registered
281 Posts
Stick with an h-pipe and get the 1st generation. (Personal opinion they sound like crap with an x-pipe)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should i do a catted H or a non catted. and any recomended brands or sites (beside AmericanMuscle) where theres good varity and fair prices?

·
Registered
268 Posts
SLP Longtubes, SLP O/R X, SLP 1 Catback

·
Registered
57 Posts
In your original post you mentioned you didn't want to spend to much money SLP's aren't cheap if you want to make noise go with an off road H pipe and flowmasters.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Non-catted will be much louder. I'd go with a non-catted h pipe or ideally a prochamber and flowmasters. Flows have a resonance with x pipes that some don't like.

·
Registered
175 Posts
o/r X and flowmasters with dumps....extremely loud, radio's useless...i actually had to put tailpipes on mine cuz it was too much!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Look on craigslist you can find a x-pipe for about 100 bucks and you will be very happy! sound crazy loudd!
99 gt x-pipe 3.73, diablo, cai, flows, headers!:bigthumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.