Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so turning left look in rear see a firebird coming on my right side. nope its a vette, it was dark i only saw lights. it looked like the special edition blue model they put out a while ago 35th aniv? anyways he is full throttle lined up on my rear bumper and passing me soon. i say whatever smash the pedal, wait for the auto to kick in, then he is next to me. no auto jokes. and i cant catch up but he didnt pull much farther ahead of me. so pull to the light, im pissed, say i didnt even see you... he goes UH YEAH I HAD ONE OF THOSE AND THAT'S WHY I SOLD IT, BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD. i wanted to get out and rip his head from his neck, and take his left foot and smash his head with it.:sterb: oh well just another chevrolet *****.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It Will Beat Yours

·
Registered
364 Posts
Why were you pissed? 'Cause a 400hp special edition Vette beat you? If you kept up you should be happy! He kinda even threw you a left-handed compliment saying that your car sounded good. What's wrong with that?

Maybe I didn't understand your story. (Try using grammar and puctuation, it might help.)

·
Registered
248 Posts
How I see it is that you are in a new mustang, so let him think what he wants to. Do you know how many of us wish we could just be put in the situation to be driving a new mustang. If I was even close to getting one, it would have to be a v6. Anyways no big deal, vettes are fast american supercars, mustangs are pretty fast america muscle cars, big difference.

·
Registered
708 Posts
So he supposedly had an 05 GT and traded it for either an 88 or 93 anniversary edition vette? Wonder how much he lost on that trade.

Never the easiest thing to try and jump a car that's already up to speed and passing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You can laugh at him when his fuel system leaks and burns his car up...

(a common problem with vette's)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Oh, so he couldn't afford the payments of a mustang, or he didn't like all the attention that his car was getting.....oh i got it, he bought an old vette cuz he couldn't afford a new one, and thought he could be a big shot.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't believe there was a 35th edition Vette. If so, it would be a 1988 model. Now if it were a 50th anniversy model, blue with the strip, it may have been a Z06. The regular 50th Anniversary Vettes were red in color. Could have also been a 96 Grand Sport with the LT4 330hp engine. Either way, your car was simply outgunned. If you stayed close, he allowed you to. The 02-04 Z06's, bone stock, pull like banshee. No big deal, put a power adder on your car give him some competition next time.......at the track of course :winks

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
You can laugh at him when his fuel system leaks and burns his car up...

(a common problem with vette's)
If that's a common problem, please point me to some statistics on how many vettes have burned up because of it. I would like to see it. Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
95MGTS said:
I don't believe there was a 35th edition Vette. If so, it would be a 1988 model. Now if it were a 50th anniversy model, blue with the strip, it may have been a Z06. The regular 50th Anniversary Vettes were red in color. Could have also been a 96 Grand Sport with the LT4 330hp engine. Either way, your car was simply outgunned. If you stayed close, he allowed you to. The 02-04 Z06's, bone stock, pull like banshee. No big deal, put a power adder on your car give him some competition next time.......at the track of course :winks
The 35th and 40th anniversary edition vettes I could see mistaking for a firebird. The newer vettes not so much.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There's nothing wrong with an automatic if you treat 'em right. They're still fast...I say go get 'em!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.