Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 07 Gt on 8/31 Grabber Orange, Saleen super charger, 18 inch wheels, 5speed, 355 rear. I have been working since I got it yesterday was my first day off, so driving I went. It is a magnet for looks I mean every where you go people stop and stare. I actually put my head down sometimes I am not used to this. People come right up to you and start talking like I have known them all my life. The dealer did tell me this was going to happen,he was right. Any way listen to this, car is parked is auto store lot I am standing on the side walk a van backs up and is looking at my car he wacks a telephone pole so hard it jolts him into the steering wheel of the van, he goes foward gets out and has my ear for 10 minutes and than goes, he never said a word about hitting the pole. I have had people stand around the car and just stare at it. I even had a camaro stop the flow of traffic and let me out a parking lot I gave it a chirp and he did like wise. As soon as I get a camera pictures will be posted. I did clay bar the car, it has 169 miles on it already:gringreen I am thinking about a dyno tune and loud mouths but I have to think about that for a while. The car is already more than I ever thought it would be.

N

·
0 Posts
congrats mick. it came with a supercharger? then i wouldnt dyno it...i wouldnt even do the loudmouths...it sounds perfect already

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealer put the supercharger I also had the upgrade kit done to it. Bigger maf, bigger injectors, underdrive pully, all under warranty to! First i was thinking about borla exhaust than I read about these loud mouth exhaust. The dyno tune is not that much money and I have read on this site it makes a difference, the horse power right now is around 475 ( on paper). The car feels fine right now, I have to think about this for a for a while. The car has less than 200 miles on it I only use it when I am off.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Isnt that normal in NJ to hit a telephone pole and act like nothing happened.

·
Registered
787 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
Isnt that normal in NJ to hit a telephone pole and act like nothing happened.
You're not right HazMat!!
On the other hand I'm ROTFL..:heha:

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Get used to the stares, nods and thumbs up. People really
like these cars! Congrats on your GT.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
white angel said:
Get used to the stares, nods and thumbs up. People really
like these cars! Congrats on your GT.
An dont forget the occasional middle finger from those jealous types :bounce2:

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
stlwagon said:
An dont forget the occasional middle finger from those jealous types :bounce2:
LOL That was too funny:gringreen :hihi: :gringreen :hihi: :gringreen :hihi:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Or the occasional guy that will break your nuts on the highway, or cut you off and shower you with road debris.

I swear the other day some guy in a parking lot was looking at the car so hard he almost forgot to turn the wheel into his parking spot. He was heading right for the car, then woke up and turned.

I am in NJ though, so that might explain it. Some people hear just cant drive, or speak and be understood, or write, or cross at corners, etc. I have to drive about 20 minutes to get out of the chaos and out of my area.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
congrats Mick! thats a awesome ride! I know what ya mean ...almost gets old after a while from all the looks.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The bodystyle,color and performance make the car really sweet.I don't have the S/C on my GO Mustang but it does turn heads where ever you go.Even the Vette guys complimented the color of the car .I met them on a rally in the mountains.
Congrats on getting the GO Mustang,I know you will have many happy cruizin' days ahead.Poco

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Do not forget the occassional Prius driver who will either man up against you or look at you with disgust for driving a gas guzzling muscle car...how dare you you suck up the natural resources of the world to drive you car....lol. My thought is you have a nice ride, enjoy it. With your color and supercharger, I may have to wipe the drool off my own chin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mick said:
I had the dealer put the supercharger I also had the upgrade kit done to it. Bigger maf, bigger injectors, underdrive pully, all under warranty to! First i was thinking about borla exhaust than I read about these loud mouth exhaust. The dyno tune is not that much money and I have read on this site it makes a difference, the horse power right now is around 475 ( on paper). The car feels fine right now, I have to think about this for a for a while. The car has less than 200 miles on it I only use it when I am off.
The Borlas sound really good. They look great too! I love them!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats Mick! Do you have any pictures? Grabber Orange is a cool color.

scout

·
Registered
363 Posts
A few months ago I was driving on a main road through Colorado Springs, and I glanced in the side-view mirror only to find the local po-po. Even though I did nothing wrong, I just felt like he was going to pull me over. Much to my suprise, he speeds up, and I find its a very cute blonde officer. She promptly gave the thumbs up to my car... meanwhile, traffic in her lane quickly slowed, and she wasnt paying attention! She nearly rear-ended the large pickup in front of her as she noticed at the last second. As funny as it was, it was a good ego boost!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
mrvandermey said:
Do not forget the occassional Prius driver who will either man up against you or look at you with disgust for driving a gas guzzling muscle car...how dare you you suck up the natural resources of the world to drive you car....lol. My thought is you have a nice ride, enjoy it. With your color and supercharger, I may have to wipe the drool off my own chin.
I've had that exact Prius reaction before... really condescending...I loved it!!!:bounce2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts