Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new to the mustang realm, but I really want to get a mustang. Don't know why I'm just a random guy and like new things, but I'm not loaded with money. So I was curious what I could buy for not too much 6 grand or so and be happy. Looking for something faster than my car now ('92 Bonneville SSEi, Supercharged of course) or with at least more potential and funner to drive.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
well what body style do you like? The 87-93 Fox or the sn95? You should be able to find a nice looking fox with mods for 6k, or a clean 94-98 Gt. But keep in mind most V8 Mustangs have been driven hard like they were meant for, so make sure to check it over well. Also the automatic cars are slower than the manuals by quite a bit. But the auto can be made to be as good or better with the right mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car I have now is an auto, but it does indeed have the performance shift button which makes it shift at 5500 rpms which is nice. I'd like a stick though funner to drive. And I am for sure more keen on the fox body style, I like the rough look of it, but whatever works I'd just like info on both from people who drive them. Websites that had some random person type just whatever only help so much.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The fox you want is a 89-92 Gt, the best IMO. They can make close to 400 fly wheel horse power with a good head, cam, intake combo. Also lower gears will help a ton, they came with 2.73s. Take a stock 5.0 and spend 2k on it and will run hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Any tips on mileage, rust, engine problems or anything I should look out for while shopping around?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.