Ford Mustang Forum banner
6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  metalman302 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2003 v6 automatic mustang and was wondering on some ways to make my exhaust a much louder. I don't have much money being 17 and was wondering on if there are any exhaust tips that would make it a little better. Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
the loudest I can think of is.... doing off-road pipes, Cold air intake, Long tube headers, with some bullet type of straight thru mufflers.. if I were u id get the flowmaster super 10's and dump them at the axle. that's what im running and it sounds loud n deep ...not a single grain of rice

#4 ·
usually it sounds kind of like a tractor on these old v6s

#8 ·
What do you mean TIP? Isn't that for the ricers?
For arbout $40 you could buy a used aftermarket muffler like flowmaster or magnaflow, or a brand new cheaper brand like Thrush. You want offset in / offset out configuration. I believe the stock V6 exhaust is about 2 inch but a muffler shop should be able to reduce 2.25 or 2.5 down to 2". Should only cost about $40 for an exhaust shop to swap a muffler out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.