Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I went out to see if my Candy would melt in the Texas Heat! :shiny: :nogrinner

·
Registered
355 Posts
Man...you aren't kiddin'. You happen to go to the Urban Speed meet today? I missed it, but saw a lot of exotics still cruising on Washington Avenue at 12:30 PM. Several Camaro owners still had their cars grouped together...I felt very lonely in my 5.0... :weeps

·
Registered
210 Posts
Beautiful car! I love the Candy Red also!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Thanks! Wish I knew how to use wife's camera better.
Looks like you're doing just fine from here. The CS wheels don't usually photograph as good as they look in person but I think you've captured 'em pretty well in your shots. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man...you aren't kiddin'. You happen to go to the Urban Speed meet today? I missed it, but saw a lot of exotics still cruising on Washington Avenue at 12:30 PM. Several Camaro owners still had their cars grouped together...I felt very lonely in my 5.0... :weeps
No. I rode down the street to Deusen Park & they had a lowrider car show going on. Had to come back to house & get the 69 to do a drive by after seeing that.:yup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you're doing just fine from here. The CS wheels don't usually photograph as good as they look in person but I think you've captured 'em pretty well in your shots. :bigthumbsup
Photos. Pure accident I assure you. The dealer had 20" aftermarkets on it I didn't like. They did not have original 19's it came with so I said need to put them on off the only CS they had.

tycat947 Beautiful car! I love the Candy Red also!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Gorgeous color! I have that same color on my '11 GTCS, and it really looks stunning in direct sunlight.
Last week I washed,clay bared it to a glass finish,rewashed,sealed, then waxed it and orbital polished her up... it nutz how many complements I get on this color.
Yours look especially sweet topless!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea i would say its Hot in Texas,your car looks Hot,very nice love the color.and i do like that style of wheel on your car.looks good man.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gorgeous color! I have that same color on my '11 GTCS, and it really looks stunning in direct sunlight.
Last week I washed,clay bared it to a glass finish,rewashed,sealed, then waxed it and orbital polished her up... it nutz how many complements I get on this color.
Yours look especially sweet topless!
Wish you was my neighbor & i could bribe you to do mine.:gringreen Thanks.

5.0 Code Blue - Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
FUZZYDP lol, this weekend I helped my neighbor with his 2011Challanger SRT8 in green with envy, loves performance rides but honestly he does not have a clue what to do with paint & finish, other than a wash ( I showed him the 2 bucket wash system to wash it properly).
His paint felt like 3000 waterproof sandpaper, it was so coarse to the touch... he thought it's how paint should feel, so we (me !) clay bar it,then applied a good sealer, then waxed it,all day was overcast so bodywork temp was nice & cool.
He was freaking out when he finally touched the finished product,glass smooth,drop a clean rag on the hood and watch it slide right off LOL!
We had her done, start to finish in just under 2 1/2 hrs. insisted I accept a token of his appreciation ($100) but I declined it,I was just trying to help him out, not work for cash!:bigthumbsup
No sooner we finished, he booted off to Canadian Tire and loaded up on suggested supplies to maintain/his new finish.
I'll say this: wait till you use the Auto Glym Sealant, it's what they call "Extra Gloss Protection"seriously amazing stuff... after a good wash/dry, clay bar, rewash/dry THEN apply AG "Super resin Polish", then go over it with the "High Definition Wax" and finish off with a top coat sealer "Extra Gloss Protection"... finish with a light hand buff and you will be astounded by the end results. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FUZZYDP lol, this weekend I helped my neighbor with his 2011Challanger SRT8 in green with envy, loves performance rides but honestly he does not have a clue what to do with paint & finish, other than a wash ( I showed him the 2 bucket wash system to wash it properly).
His paint felt like 3000 waterproof sandpaper, it was so coarse to the touch... he thought it's how paint should feel, so we (me !) clay bar it,then applied a good sealer, then waxed it,all day was overcast so bodywork temp was nice & cool.
He was freaking out when he finally touched the finished product,glass smooth,drop a clean rag on the hood and watch it slide right off LOL!
We had her done, start to finish in just under 2 1/2 hrs. insisted I accept a token of his appreciation ($100) but I declined it,I was just trying to help him out, not work for cash!:bigthumbsup
No sooner we finished, he booted off to Canadian Tire and loaded up on suggested supplies to maintain/his new finish.
I'll say this: wait till you use the Auto Glym Sealant, it's what they call "Extra Glo:grinroll:Lss Protection"seriously amazing stuff... after a good wash/dry, clay bar,
rewash/dry THEN apply AG "Super resin Polish", then go over it with the "High Definition Wax" and finish off with a top coat sealer "Extra Gloss Protection"... finish
with a light hand buff and you will be astounded by the end results.
:bigthumbsup
Man I'm give out just reading how to do it. Seriously I appreciate the info.. I'll search for these products. Sounds like you know your stuff about detailing! Thanks! Still would rather have you as a neighbor.:gringreen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.