Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This surprised me. Turns out this is legal. Read on...

Story

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
I saw that in another thread, that is really cool! Get alot of attention!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was really cool he was doing it for his kid. How many of us would take a $30K car and do that?

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I would have bet that having either the word "Police" and/or the lights would be illegal. I know in many jurisdictions, you can not have blue lights on the car because they are reserved for emergency/police vehicles. WOW...who knew you could get away with it. I do applaud the man for doing for his kid and checking with the DA prior to doing it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dial 411 for theater info HA:gringreen:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
personally i would have not written "police" on the side. i would have written "To punish and enslave" just like barricade in transformers.

And i don't care who you are, you are going to slow down and $hit a brick when you see that thing going WOT behind you. first because its a cop, second because you think it will transform and kill you :shigrin

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Cool idea but....

The DA didn't do his research very well, is my first impression. If you believe the vehicle is a police vehicle, then you believe the operator is a police officer. Over here you cannot have displayed a blue light, even if it's turned off.

The local police would not tolerate it anyway. The first time he drives past a crime or accident scene and does not stop to render assistance, the complaint calls would flood the police switchboard.

I do know people who do this sort of thing. They mask all the police identifying features, until they get to the car show or whatever. Then once on private property, they reveal all. Can look awesome.

·
Registered
205 Posts
personally i would have not written "police" on the side. i would have written "To punish and enslave" just like barricade in transformers.

And i don't care who you are, you are going to slow down and $hit a brick when you see that thing going WOT behind you. first because its a cop, second because you think it will transform and kill you :shigrin
He did write "to punish and enslave" on the side. It says it on the second page.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm not sure where that car is at, but no kidding, I saw one EXACTLY like it on the freeway the other morning. I honestly thought that the police department was using Mustangs now. I'm sure we have all seen before where they use high-performance sportscars for highway patrolmen, but I hadn't ever seen it out here.

That's good on that guy if he is allowed to do it. He shouldn't have too much trouble passing anyone anymore. :nogrinner

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Nice he did it for his kid. It's a V6 grille right? Like a security-guard car? The light bar looks like painted PVC, rather than lights. Used to be, you could order blue lights or red lights, from JC whitney.

That's the one from the movie.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I think I saw this on another thread somewhere. I like it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wanted to do this but not put police or lights, I was going to change police and write barricade, but I think the white doors would really drive me nuts. I would rather just buy a model and keep it in display at home now

·
Registered
350 Posts
I thought the State's argument was going to be if somebody was in need and went running to the car in thoughts it was a true emergency vehicle.
There is an old car around here in Indiana. It's a late '40's car and it is painted like a Black and White state police car. It is always at car shows and parades. I think it is owned by a retired trooper though. That's why I thought he got away with it.
Kind of cool knowing we can go that far with the cars if we want....
Hmmmm
Maybe I'll buy a Firetruck??????
Can you imagine the looks on people's face if I drove past a fire????:happyhapp

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mickey at Hardcoremustangs.net did a similar build but no lights. All saleen parts and what not. I like Mickey's car better personally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.