Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 mustang that I bought with the power steering bypassed. I know its not the proper way to do things and I would buty have done this route. However it was mainly a drag car and has weld skinies on the front so steering is not to bad. I use this car alot on the street and once I stiffen it up il ber using it for autocross. So I want bigger tires. So this set up needs to go. I could go buy a ps pump and lines and just use the rack.but I don't know how long its been like this and the rack could bu torn up inside or do so shorty. I think the way to go would be to just get manual rack.
So my question for all of you with personal experance is this.
1. Is a manual rack easy to turn quickly with tires like 205s or even 225 ? at least easyer than what I have now witch is bearable?
2. What's the biggest tire you recommend for that set up
3. Anyone got a flaming river set up lying around for a decent price
4. Or should I just stipend the bucks to get all new ps stuff if its going to be REAL hard to streer

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
the flaming river rack is great, i have one on mine. BUT, if i were mostly street or some autocross i would keep/go back to the power setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rack

What size tires ate you running and how hard is the steering. I like the way a manual rack feels at speed and the extra weight savings too just don't want to spend 300+ to find I can't park when I go to the supermarket

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
mostly a street/strip car. it has 15x5 welds with 195/65-15s unless you are sitting still it is great. it is the 20:1 rack, they also have a 15:1 fast rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts