Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing a total build up on my stang right now and so far i have the engine tranny is on order as well as alot of other misc part i need. Im starting to look at my steering and suspension though. My car is a 1989 Mustang GT Hatch back automatic. I'm converting it to a stick so thats gonna take its time. Now for the steering issue. I've noticed people going over to manual racks due to the weight savings. My concern is if i do change over to a manual rack how much harder will it become to steer my vehicle and is it worth doing the modification. I've also considered getting the power steering kit from Maximum Motorsports but i dont know to much about that system either. O yeah and while im at it. If i change to a manual rack. What are my options as far as pullies, brackets, and belts.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i mean heres the thing my stang isnt going to be a 50k track car so its not like my plans are to beast it through corners. I just need to be able to drive around town reasonbly. I do plan to go to the strip once its all built. My main though pattern now is that i will be able to go with manual steering if i can cut enough wieght out of the car. I plan on going with a full Maximum Motorsports K member and coil over setup in the front and im gonna be putting in a torque arm and panhard bar in the rear which should take out a hefty amount of weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.