Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 GT 41,000 miles

I'm experiencing a shake on clutch engagement in 2nd and 3rd gear. It's intermittent but is happening more frequently. Anyone?

I'm 99% it's not stability control, although it's getting cold for the summer tires; it was 62 today and it happened on several starts.

Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
Clutch chatter? How many miles?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This sums it up. Found in another thread.

http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/manual-transmission-clutch-chatter.html

Question is would this be warranty qualified? Looking for your input.

Learned on the site clutch is considered a wear item and covered up to 12k miles.. this is BULL*&^%..

Grrr Ford, i haven't even taken it in yet and i'm starting to get hot..steaming.gif

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
This sums it up. Found in another thread.

Manual Transmission Clutch Chatter

Question is would this be warranty qualified? Looking for your input.

Learned on the site clutch is considered a wear item and covered up to 12k miles.. this is BULL*&^%..

Grrr Ford, i haven't even taken it in yet and i'm starting to get hot..steaming.gif
Clutch chatter usually isn't the result of a production defect.

Don't get mad at Ford. Plenty of people can completely destroy clutches in a few thousand miles that a manufacturer shouldn't be held responsible for long term problems with clutches. Tires are the same way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, idiots destroy their clutches in a few thousand miles or those that compete on the strip which is an understandable cost of doing business. Within the article I hyperlinked, not all components are considered part of the clutch that can contribute to the chatter.

I'm questioning if a dealership would do the proper due-diligence to differentiate warranty/non-warranty issues. Sad state of perception of our domestic manufacturing dealership networks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts