Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WEBSITE WHERE TO GET A KIT(IF THERE IS SUCH A THING) TO CHANGE FROM MANUAL TRANS TO AUTOMATIC ON A 99 MUSTANG V-6????

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
SMARTGUY99 said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WEBSITE WHERE TO GET A KIT(IF THERE IS SUCH A THING) TO CHANGE FROM MANUAL TRANS TO AUTOMATIC ON A 99 MUSTANG V-6????
www.stangparts.com

·
Registered
315 Posts
SMARTGUY99 said:
why change your trans ? just curious .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dustang99 said:
What?! No way man, manual's the way to go. Save yourself a lot of money and stick with it!
Ya, I'd actually be interested in changing my auto tranny to a 5spd, just gotta find one for a good price. Also does it have to be for a 2001, since that is what I have? Or can it be like for a 99-02 or something?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
01greenV6 said:
Ya, I'd actually be interested in changing my auto tranny to a 5spd, just gotta find one for a good price. Also does it have to be for a 2001, since that is what I have? Or can it be like for a 99-02 or something?
you can use any GT, Cobra, or 6 cylinder transmission. If you go with a 6s tranny, you should get an 01+, because they're stronger.

T5, T56, 3650, etc will all fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.