Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just put a new cluth set everything new about 6mth ago last night notice when i start my car leaving running in neutral i can hear funny sound comming from my 5speed but when i engage the clutch it goes away but come back when i release the clutch 89 5.0 need help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no grinding no sctraching feel like it comming from the bell housing for the time i notice the clutch slip a little once it got warm up but it all new maybe 200 miles on the clutch set there no sound when yourll driving only in netural

·
Registered
575 Posts
possible main drive gear bearing, input shaft bearing...."You should hear maximum bearing noise with the car running in neutral and the clutch up.
There can be NO transmission bearing noise with the car sitting still, in gear and the clutch depressed. If you still hear bearing noise under this condition it is not coming from the transmission."

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Ummm... If the noise is there with the clutch up and goes away when the clutch is depressed it cannot be the pilot bearing. It could be a noisy throw out bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts