Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purely hypothetically situation but...
in my 07 mustang, if one were to lock one's keys in the trunk, there is no way to get them out other than finding the spare set of keys.

Am I perhaps missing some kind of manual trunk release?
If not, has anyone tried/succeeded in fixing this situation?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
guess what im doing tonight?!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
keith, what are you doing tonight???

·
Banned
9,214 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True... In which case you're screwed! :D
yeah, I have a vert, but luckily this was a purely hypothetical situation:blink:... really...

thanks for the write-up link. Looks complicated, but well worth not being stuck in an airport parking garage for 2+ hours... hypothetically of course

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
G

·
yeah, I have a vert, but luckily this was a purely hypothetical situation:blink:... really...

thanks for the write-up link. Looks complicated, but well worth not being stuck in an airport parking garage for 2+ hours... hypothetically of course
I put one in next to my headlight switch on the dash, and it took me about 3 hours. Most of that was in drilling the hole in the dash and tracing the wires (getting behind the SJB was a little frustrating...).

·
Registered
588 Posts
The only way a trunk release is necessary is if you have a vert obviously because you can always get your keys out by folding the seats, of course, if the car is unlocked. So in reality the only thing NEEDED is a keyless entry pad. I've see lots of people put it inside their gas door.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The only way a trunk release is necessary is if you have a vert obviously because you can always get your keys out by folding the seats, of course, if the car is unlocked. So in reality the only thing NEEDED is a keyless entry pad. I've see lots of people put it inside their gas door.
But it's also a PITA if you're car is in your garage and it's unlocked but you don't have the key fob on you... :so

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Another solution might be to use a "Hide-A-Key" magnetic key holder with a spare key hidden somewhere accessible from the outside of the car. No wiring!

Frank

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.