Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyoo everyone. =P I've been reading these forums for a long time, and have always wanted a Mustang to participate in all the fun...but never had one...until now! I managed to snag a 2009 Black on Black V6 Convertible from a dealer...they wanted 27,500 I believe, and I got it for 22,000. Pretty decent, I think, got to practice my bargaining skills. =P

As such, this is my first "real" car, (not counting my Nissan 240SX, she is about 20 years old...actually just as old as I am, haha). I just ask you are not too harsh on me for browsing around...these would be my first mods, and I plan on doing them all at once.

EXHAUST - Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! *This seems like the most decent price, and I really like how they sound. Free shipping, woot.

SPOILER -SHELBY Style Mustang Painted Spoiler 05-09 *Will this fit on my car? Should I just state "Black" as the color? My car's "color code" is Body - Black/Color 95106627.

COLD AIR INTAKE - BBK Cold Air Intake (2005-2009 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! *Any comments/ideas on this choice? Free shipping, woot.

FOG LIGHT CONVERSION KIT - V6 to GT Grille Kit; Price includes Shipping! Two sets of ShowLenses FREE with order! *This is the tricky one. I'm looking for the whole "GT Switch" kind of feel...does this kit provide a new light switch at the driver's seat control? I'm so new to all of this, lol.

ROCKER STRIPES - V6 to GT Grille Kit; Price includes Shipping! Two sets of ShowLenses FREE with order! *I think the Black Chrome on a Black Mustang would look ridiculously unique...any thoughts? Really fair price.

Alright, so that would be everything I am currently thinking of installing. Please feel free to comment on anything here, as I am really new to anything car, =P. She's only a month old, so I'm really itching to get some stuff installed, but wanted a few opinions first, and I trust these forums more than myself. =P

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ok as far as your paint code goes, it's gonna be two letters, Example: JV for Candy Red. Also I would go with a C&L or Airaid for a CAI. Also try Bama Chips for this so you can get the tune/CAI combo. It saves a little money, plus you will really feel the difference if you get the 93 race tune. Other than that I think your list will make you happy. Just remember, it never ends....:bigthumbsup Happy Modding:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the v6tech forums :wavey as a rookie, you are only allowed to ask one question at a time. the paint code for torch red is d3. you would be best off to call chris rose at tillman speed( one of out site sponsors. there is a link at the right side of the screen. they give us discounts and support our forums) and ask about a jlt cai/sctx3/ and 3 custom tune package. great price right now. you can allways order a tune from bama later. dont worry, you can trust these forums. we will help you spend every hard earned dollar you have or can make and we can do it fasttttt :gringreen
ps, just kidding about the one question thing :nogrinner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, and ok, so, now, I need to spend many hours deciphering these foreign terms. =P

Really appreciate the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.