Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Premium with map lights not functioning. These also are the lights illuminated when opening the door. The dealership told me that a new smart junction box is required to fix the problem. They say power is not coming from the junction box for this circuit. Can this be true? If so, is there an easy way to relocate the circuit to one that is working from the junction box? I don't really know what else is on the circuit for the map lights as all other electrical functions appear to be working on the car with the exception of the aux jack in the console. Another post I read indicated to check fuse #64 in the BEC to correct the aux jack. Could these two items be related? Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
One day my map lights turned on and would not turn off. I tried playing with the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel, clicking the buttons dozens of times, moving the e-brake, disconnecting/reconnecting the battery, nothing. I did some research on line and found out that the dimmer relay failure on mustangs is pretty high. I just used my multi-tool and broke the little bulbs. If I remember correctly you may need a new one of these.

Ford Mustang 2008 Light Switch Dimmer Dash | eBay

·
Registered
714 Posts
Could also just be a fuse. Yes the SJB powers the lights. But the circuits are fused of course.
There's also known issues that can occur when the sjb gets wet, and that's temporary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to Map Light Problem

My daughter returned home from the weekend and low and behold the map lights are on...but won't go off! I have to wonder if it's really the SJB vs. a relay as mentioned by the first reply to my post. Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts