Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm looking for a little info on the Map Light in mustangs. I have an 87 GT and i was trying to figure out how to turn the stupid thing on. I recently bought a new light bulb for it and nothing. I assumed that it turned on when it swings down but that does nothing in my car. Is there a switch somewhere or is mine just broken? The clip which used to hold it up also has fallen out. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I pull mine down, it turns on. I may be a novice to electronics.... But I would bet either the broken clip or a blown fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse is fine. If it turns on by just pulling it down does anyone know if the clip actuates the light or the actual angle of the light so I can figure out how to fix it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a little black button about 3/4 of an inch from the clip above the light... When the light comes down, it releases the button, thus the light comes on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My little black button sticks...I will bump it a couple of times...and it will work

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have the same problem with that stupid light i changed the bulb changed the fuse checked the button and it still doesnt work.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine did the same thing and I just jumped the switch with a toggle. It is kinda a getto way of fixing it, but I got the thing to work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.