Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the "Check here first":

I just bought the UPR CAI mod and I am having a MagnaFlow 2.5" exhaust system installed on my Stang tomorrow.

It is a 2000 Coupe.

What MAS do I need to get?

All of the searches I have done says that my stock MAS is the "choke point". UPR said I can use my existing one.

I am confused right now!!

Thanks for your help!

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
There is no need for a larger MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) at your horsepower level. The stock one is more than adequate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
Yeah all I was stating in the "check here First" thread was pointing out the flow chockpoint. once you get between 250 and 350 hp then you should look into increasing the Mass Air Housing. The Mass air sensor its self has to be matched with the injecters for optimal performance gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
primergray said:
I read the "Check here first":

I just bought the UPR CAI mod and I am having a MagnaFlow 2.5" exhaust system installed on my Stang tomorrow.

It is a 2000 Coupe.

What MAS do I need to get?

All of the searches I have done says that my stock MAS is the "choke point". UPR said I can use my existing one.

I am confused right now!!

Thanks for your help!

Jack
you need to put some reducers at the front of the catback, or you're gonna lose quite a bit of hp/tq.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We decided to go with the 2.25 pipe because 2.5 wouldn't fit over the axle. Looks good and has a nice sound to it.

Thanks again for the help!

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
primergray said:
We decided to go with the 2.25 pipe because 2.5 wouldn't fit over the axle. Looks good and has a nice sound to it.

Thanks again for the help!

Jack
???

You can fit a 3" pipeover the axle. GT Takeoffs are 2.5".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kscoyote said:
???

You can fit a 3" pipeover the axle. GT Takeoffs are 2.5".
Scratching my head.

I climbed up under there after the install was done. There is VERY little room left after the install. From what I can see, anything bigger is going to require more modifications.

Maybe something was done to the car before we bought it, I am not sure.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
primergray said:
Scratching my head.

I climbed up under there after the install was done. There is VERY little room left after the install. From what I can see, anything bigger is going to require more modifications.

Maybe something was done to the car before we bought it, I am not sure.

Jack
It's got the same clearance as the GT. There's no difference.

2.25 is the way to go, though for the OEM powerband.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top