Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to convert my 1987 5.0 lx to mass air. What all is needed in order to do this conversion?

Also, I am having idle issues (seems pretty common). I will be driving along and I will come to a stop light and randomly it will be stuck idling at almost 2k. Some times it will stick around 1.5k. It is random and I cant link it to a specific type of driving or temperature. I am guessing it is the TPS messing up. I took off the IAC and it didn't look dirty. What do you think could be the problem?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Def. the tps...i just had the same prob. w/ mine...remember to set your tps right...also you can get a motorcraft tps from 50restro.com....what you will need for your coversion is...a maf. out of any year 5.0 up to 1995...also a al9 computer...out of a 5.0 up to year 1993.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you get a kit, it should come with everything. If you're wanting to cobble something together, snatch the harness out of the mass air car too, that would be what I'd do.
The high idle could also be a vacuum leak, or a corroded throttle cable spring. Had mine stick open in the rain, lots of fun to be doing spins in the middle of traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.