Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 87 hatch back gt with speed density i am putting my motor back to together i have a b cam and gt 40 p head with a port job on them with professsional products intake manifold here is my question should i put 1.6 or 1.7 rockers ?... and i next question is do u think stock injectors will work or should i upgrade to 24 lb ?.. the only power adder i will use is maybe a 150 wet shot what do u guys think ?..

·
Registered
455 Posts
i got a 87 hatch back gt with speed density i am putting my motor back to together i have a b cam and gt 40 p head with a port job on them with professsional products intake manifold here is my question should i put 1.6 or 1.7 rockers ?... and i next question is do u think stock injectors will work or should i upgrade to 24 lb ?.. the only power adder i will use is maybe a 150 wet shot what do u guys think ?..
1.6 vs. 1.7 depends on if you want to spend the money.... either way you will be fine with piston-valve clearance with the B303... I have 1.7, and I know someone running the B with 1.7 and it works out well.

Stock injectors should still be fine as long as you are not running into problems..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i shouldn't need to upgrade to mass air flow will i ?..

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Check Piston to Valve clearance Always. Regardless of what works on someone elses engine. Not all blocks have the same Deck hieght, some have the pistons out of the hole, some heads have different deck hieghts, The Ford Alpha cams, along with countless other OTS cams can have valve events all over the place( + or - 4°), all this has a direct effect on Piston to valve clearance. If your gonna go through all the trouble, at least check it.

Mass Air would be the route to go IMHO

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
You'll have better idle characteristics with MAF, escpecially with the B cam! You'll need a 9al computer as well if you do the switch! And with your setup the 19lb injectors will be at the upper percentages of their duty cycle! you can get 24's so cheap now its a no brainer, throw in a adjustable fuel pressure regulator too! And go with 1.6 Roller Rockers!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks yea i figured i might have to up grade .. hope fully i can hit at least 250 rwhp on motor

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Good luck reaching that 250 RWHP goal, I think it might be tough!
Probably 230-240!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.