Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
educate me fellas. what does a mass air meter do.

i noticed that they are in the center of the plastic air intake tube.

why does my 88 LX not have one there? and does my stang have one at all?
if it does, where could i find it?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
87-88 Non california models did not come with a mass airflow metering style system. They are referred to using a speed density method of measurement. All 89+ Mustangs all had mass air flow meters.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see, just a quick question, i might have to make another post.. but do you (or anyone else) know what size throttle body came on stock 5.0 HO motors (more specifically my 88 LX)????

these questions are leading to a massive intake upgrade. most like a bbk ssi-series manifold and a chicane fox box cold air intake kit...

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
STINGREY said:
58mm throttle body
How many times have we beaten each other to that answer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
systronic said:
these questions are leading to a massive intake upgrade. most like a bbk ssi-series manifold and a chicane fox box cold air intake kit...
If you are going to do this intake upgrade i also suggest to convert your car to MAF insted of your speed density system. It drastically improves driveability, at least it did in my situation. I would also suggest doing this before you buy your cold air intake, it'll save you the trouble of having to buy a new one if you do decide to convert to mass air later. If you have any questions on how to convert to MAF i will be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you wouldnt mind posting a link to a guide, or perhaps your own personal how to i sure wuoldnt mind :)

or at least what i need to buy (im makin my xmas list for santa)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.