Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys guys wondering if anybody,has some real world experience with cam selection with gt40p heads. Im running a stock short block with gt40p heads with tfs springs. I got a free b cam from my buddy and wanted to run 1.7 rockers. Lift should be around .510, anyone running this combo? Or should i stick with 1.6 rockers where lift would be around .480? Thanks in advance

·
Banned
480 Posts
The trickflow springs are good to .520, no?
There was a member here who ran p's + b and did 12's I think. Username need4spd or something along those lines if I remember correctly. Try searching for him

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
The trickflow springs are good to .520, no?
That's the mystery of the century to me. In the description they say 0.520 in. but in the instructions it says 0.542 in.

At any rate, a B303 with 1.7:1 rockers will generate a net lift of 0.510 in. I have run this combo over stock pistons, you shouldn't have a problem. That said, always check it. You can never know when something got overlooked. The difference in PVC between using 1.6 and 1.7 rockers isn't worth a hill of beans. Long durations are what can cause issues, not high lifts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts