Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so Ive learned to check previous threads before asking questions. And I havent came up with anything on what the maximum offset i can have is on my 98 GT.

this is what Im wanting to go with
BWT: XXR Type 006 (Black w/ Red Lip) - Wheels, Rims
the fronts are going to be 20" x 8.5" and the offsets +35
and the rear are going to be 20" x 10" and the offsets +35

They will look amazzzzing with the new custom paint I just got done.
Dear godddddd I hope these work.
Thank you everyone in advance for all your help and info.:bigthumbsup
Tyson

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have those exact rims (except with blue lip) on a 98!! :smoke: :D However, I'm only running 18's and my rear wheel is 9.5" wide... From my experience, the offset +35 works: it's just very close to some brake stuff in the back and close to rubbing on the fronts. I worked with the shop when I was mounting the rims for the first time -- we checked and double-checked before we set her down. I would highly recommend you do the same so you don't damage your car or the rims, if there is an issue. :yelwacko:

However, you will probably have issues with a 10" rear rim with that offset. My rims are 9.5" with +35 offset and they're very close. Since that 10" rim has the same offset, it means that extra 1/2" in width is going towards the inside of the car -- and right into everything! You could try risking it, since the rim is larger and may go around stuff -- but just be forewarned. :wavey You may want to have wheel spacers on hand to push them out a little bit...

Also, you might want to consider that 20's ride really hard, especially on our SN95 stangs. Heck, the 18's ride pretty rough... And since the 18's come with a 9.5" rear, I would consider going with 18's. Check out my pics to see how 18's look -- I know I've gotten lots of compliments!!! :grinroll:

But I understand if you want a larger rim: its your car. :shigrin Just know that there are things to look out for. BTW - congrats on the rim choice!! You will love the large, colored lip: it looks even more amazing in person!!!! :D :bigthumbsup

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.