Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I may be soon ordering a new 06 GT:laughlitt . I would be curious to know how you all feel about your Mustangs. I have previously owned a 95 Mustang GTS that I was in love with. It was love at first sight when I saw the 05 Mustangs at SEMA in Las Vegas. I have been saying that a retro mustang would be the way to go since I was about 16. Anyways, I am deployed overseas and we have the option to buy/order cars here. I went down and we went through the build process. Here is what I put together. 2006 GT, Tungsten Grey, Dark Charcoal int., premium package with steering wheel/shifter upgrade, and spoiler delete option. All said and done it rings up at $25,962 out the door. How does that price compare to a dealer? It will take 4 months for the car to be built though. Well, let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Welcome... I'd say that's a great price for an 06 premium. Just curious, does that price include the 18"s, IUP, and side airbags? Also, I assume for that price you'll get the Shaker 500? Enjoy!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jonni Nitro said:
Hello all,
I may be soon ordering a new 06 GT:laughlitt . I would be curious to know how you all feel about your Mustangs. I have previously owned a 95 Mustang GTS that I was in love with. It was love at first sight when I saw the 05 Mustangs at SEMA in Las Vegas. I have been saying that a retro mustang would be the way to go since I was about 16. Anyways, I am deployed overseas and we have the option to buy/order cars here. I went down and we went through the build process. Here is what I put together. 2006 GT, Tungsten Grey, Dark Charcoal int., premium package with steering wheel/shifter upgrade, and spoiler delete option. All said and done it rings up at $25,962 out the door. How does that price compare to a dealer? It will take 4 months for the car to be built though. Well, let me know what you think.
Welcome.....my '05 Mustang Gt is a great car and a real joy to drive. You will enjoy it very much. Just so you know, a brand new '06 Gt up here in Canada is around 40,000. I got mine for 32,000 and change so I figured I did very good. For some reason, my car sat in the showroom for 6 months. It stickered for 35,000 and change and they gave me the X-plan which shaved 3k off the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IUP? Is that the interior upgrade package? If so then no, I did get the steering wheel/shifter upgrade though. Yes, that is the Shaker 500 system. I dont know that the 1k Shaker 1000 will be worth it. Also, no 18's. I will be purchasing a different set of rims that I picked out for the car. Is the IUP worth the extra cost? It is only about 200 bucks more than the upgrade I got. I hope to be ordering soon, but I am waiting for a couple things to fall into place first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jonni Nitro said:
IUP? Is that the interior upgrade package? If so then no, I did get the steering wheel/shifter upgrade though. Yes, that is the Shaker 500 system. I dont know that the 1k Shaker 1000 will be worth it. Also, no 18's. I will be purchasing a different set of rims that I picked out for the car. Is the IUP worth the extra cost? It is only about 200 bucks more than the upgrade I got. I hope to be ordering soon, but I am waiting for a couple things to fall into place first.
IUP = Interior Upgrade Package
I think it is. To upgrade after your purchase might cost you in the neighborhood of 600 bucks and you never feel the job is as good as when it comes from the factory. so for a couple of hundred bucks I would just get it anyways. I personally think it looks alot better with the IUP.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Jonni Nitro said:
I think it's worth it. I'm sure most others will agree. You get the satin aluminum-finish instrument panel, leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes, satin aluminum-plated shift lever with automatic transmission, bright polished register rings and leather-wrapped sport shift knob for manual transmission, satin aluminum-plated door handles, satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright MUSTANG lettering insert, special bright polished 6-gauge cluster with MyColor feature and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts.

But... It's your car.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
A mustang unlike any other. It's an amazing machine! Just make sure you get the IUP, adds so much spice to the interior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! The wait will be exciting!

You will find that this new Mustang is a dream. Of all the cars I've owned, this V8 GT nails it in classic styling, performance, and solid quality. There are lots of threads with mechanical issues of some sort...my has been rock solid!

Don't skimp on options. The car is sold way too cheap that, kept in pristine shape over the course of time, value and investment will come back to you; that is if you plan to sell it ( DON"T). The Shaker 1000 is the only thing that I would question, otherwise, I agree with everyone who's responded so far.

Just wait until you drive it...forget gas, hybrids, 4 cylinders...YOU'LL LEARN TO LOVE HORSEPOWER!:kooky:

Bob in Utah

05' Redfire GT, 5 speed, red leather, IUP, Gloss Black Bullitt Wheels with Spinners, Shaker 500, theft protection...ah heck, the kitchen sink!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with my esteemed colleagues here. I've never had a car that handles like this, accelerates like this and just feels so good to drive. Just wait til you start seeing all the cool stuff you can add to boost it even more. You should get one while you can enjoy it. Don't let it pass you by, and KEEP IT. This car will be around with us for a very very long time.

Plus, it makes you feel good with all the head-turning you'll get...:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments. You all confirmed what I already believed to be true which is nice. I will definitely go for the upgraded interior now that you all seem to like it. I cont remeber seeing what it looks like in person so I will take everyones word for it. It is only going to cost an additional 200 bucks anyways. I will be busting with anticipation for the next 4 or 5 months now waiting. :happyhapp

·
Registered
285 Posts
These mustangs are incredible. I agree that you should go with the IUP. Its definately worth the extra money and when you compare it to one without it, its like day and night. The shaker 500 is definately sufficient and you wont need the 1000, besides for the price of the upgrade to the 1000 you could get a better amp and subs. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts