Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding (I'll always have one). Well, the other day I took a little trip into kansas city (about four hours from home) and I had a blow out. Got to looking at tires and wear is on inside of both front tires so I called and had an appointment and apparantly the toe was off a little so they fixed that but they said I need to buy adjustable upper strut mounts. I did a search and found a few but I don't know which ones are good to buy. Any advice? I need a good brand and hopefully a pretty good price. Then I have to find two new 245/40/20's that should be fun and pricey too. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I will deffinitely check them out, Thanks for the quick response. Are the upper strut mounts the same thing as the caster/camber plates?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Kenny Brown is a really good brand also, and he's back. My whole suspension is Kenny Brown. And if you're 245/40/20's are priced like 295/35/18's you's screwed. LOL:hihi:

·
Registered
221 Posts
The factory suspension is supposed to have a negative camber to improve handling (the tops of the wheels are tipped inward slightly). This gives you better grip when cornering. Alas, your fronts will always wear faster on the inside when you have the alignment done to factory specs. I suspect this is the true cause of your tire wear. You CAN tell the shop to set them up for zero camber, thus giving even tire wear, but your baby won't handle like a pony car should. Adjustable strut mounts (see also caster camber plates) give you the ability to run around town on zero camber to save your tires, then adjust for negative camber when you plan to hit those curvy mountain roads. If you've lowered your stang then you would have caused your negative camber to get even worse, thus speeding up tire wear, so you need the caster camber plates in that case as well. American Muscle has some from J&M for $230, but I don't know if they're any good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.