Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..or maybe I just got lucky. Anyway, I just bought my '06 GT a couple of weeks ago when I finally got fed up with my other ride ('02 Grand Cherokee...don't ask....but after 22 years and 5 jeeps, they've lost me as a customer.). I happened to stop in at (not a plug, I've no connection with the place) Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach (San Diego, CA) and got a new one off the lot for MSRP. This is a GT with premium stuff, manual, black with tan leather interior and they gave me full blue book on my Jeep (and you know how SUV values have skyrocketed...right?).

I asked about the pricing and they said they had never charged over sticker from the beginning, and had several in stock, including a GT convertible (had it not been red/red with auto, I'd have taken it).

Point.....there's at least one dealer around that isn't gouging and has inventory, just an FYI.

Oh, they have two Ford GT's on the floor if you're a lottery winner or sum'thin'......they have a bunch of Saleens, too, if you think 25 H.P. and a lot of plastic is worth $15-$20K

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ya'done damn good, dude! And I agree....even my dealer lately has a fair collection of GT's flowing through their lot now, and knowing them I'm positive they're not asking above MSRP either. It's interesting to go by and see what's new....there was a Redfire GT that almost had me kick myself, but I passed on that color when ordering, since my bike is about the same color, and they already call me "Erich the Red" at work!

Even though lots of those here - including meself - went the order-and-wait routine not very long ago, and some like PCfrisch waited, what, almost a year, I think it's a great thing to see these things finally catching up to availability. Don't see enough of 'em on the road, and even though I get the same high-roller comments and envious looks in the parking lot at work and in the neighborhood that others likely do, it surprises me actually what a PERFECT, SOLID car this is and the price it's offered at - and that goes for every model, not just the GT's.

I want them to be successfull beyond belief. I want Detroit to catch on to this "retro" styling thing and give us real cars again, with real mechanicals and just enough new tech to make it jump, like this car. Heck I even want to see Ford bring back the Galaxie and Torino in style!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stoopy said:
I want them to be successfull beyond belief. I want Detroit to catch on to this "retro" styling thing and give us real cars again, with real mechanicals and just enough new tech to make it jump, like this car. Heck I even want to see Ford bring back the Galaxie and Torino in style!!
Heck, I even want Chevy to revitalize the 'Parisienne'!:laughlitt ....well, the Camaro, anyway (we need the challenge...and besides, I'm not into this "Mfg.hate wars" thing, I've owned both and like 'em all, when they're interesting).

What this country needs is another AMX Javelin!:happyhapp

·
Registered
260 Posts
DUUDE!!! Read my mind!!!! I almost said the same thing but...ssshhh!.....(looks around warily)......yeah it's a Ford forum, could invoke "the wrath"......but there's a few ex-GM'ers here too, me included! Not a brand-hater either, unless maybe you're talking Citroen! Mon dieu!!! :eyebulge:

I almost said.......4-4-2...quite a sweet spot for that old beast, but Olds, gawd bless'em, they're gone. Long live The Rocket...:worship

And AMC, oh yeah, how 'bout an AMX!!!!!!! :tongue

Camaro coulda used the help, and a Mustang-GT-sized (midsize) Chebelle, '70 SS454-style with an LS2, and a 6-speed, would be AWESOME.......:drool:

Cuda.....Roadrunner.....whats DaimlerChryslerMotorWerkenGlockenspiel thinkin' these days, huh?? :dunce:

This HAS to happen.......if nothing else, for the kids....for the love of gawd for the KIDS I say.....they NEED our help in order to acheive levels of coolness and sty'le that have all been but forgotten...it's a legacy we must leave them!:cool:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I see where ya'll r going....

But hell with that!!!! GM is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather push a Nissan.

My daughter will inherit my 05 in around 20

years...S/C'd, and completely tricked out (if we still

have gasoline engines then.)

Okay, ya'll can have the thread back!:happyhapp

·
Registered
260 Posts
LMAO...No, No, you got it all wrong....we WASN'T gonna bring up the "Pacer"!!

:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JEB said:
I see where ya'll r going....

But hell with that!!!! GM is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather push a Nissan.

Okay, ya'll can have the thread back!:happyhapp
Yeah, that's what's the Mach 1 owners said, too, when I trounced them, a 'Cuda, and a host of Dart 340's on the way to a D/S class win at Ohio Valley Raceway (Louisville) in my '71 Camaro SS in '72.:eyepoppin

Hey, it's all good, it's about having lotsa' cool choices and innerestin' cars to drive. In fact, a major factor in my buying my Mustang was the degree to which it recalls those days in my post 'Nam Camaro SS....33 years ago! I'd sell my soul for an as-new '68 Firebird 400...or any of about 10 other cars that leap to mind.:laughlitt

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stoopy said:
This HAS to happen.......if nothing else, for the kids....for the love of gawd for the KIDS I say.....they NEED our help in order to acheive levels of coolness and sty'le that have all been but forgotten...it's a legacy we must leave them!:cool:
My God, will somebody please think of the children!!!!:eyebulge:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If you just pushed them a little they would taken it down 500 bucks. I guarentee. I barely had to ask my dealer and they took it down. But they wouldnt budge anymore. But at least it's better than maying 3k over MSRP like some schmo's.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Got mine $500 under :winks 2 Months ago

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got mine for about 3k under with Xplan a month ago

·
Registered
816 Posts
When I ordered mine, my dealer (in small town Texas) was willing to deal since they didn't appreciate the demand for the new Mustang. After mine arrived, my salesman informed me they no longer discount them. At last count, my dealer has 5 GTs (two verts), 3 V6s (one vert), and a used 05 GT with 18" chrome bullets, stripes, etc. These have been on the lot for well over a month, the used 05 even longer. I'm wondering if they have joined the "pay a premium for the car or leave" crowd. Hmmm. :wavey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts