21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
do they do anything like this for the performance package cars

·
Registered
115 Posts
do you guys think they will have a MCA package for 13's? Its definitely a needed addition when i put my order in. between that and the performance package,Ii love every aspect of MCA package from its grill, fogs, wheels, stripes, painted mirrors and prob some other additions im missing since i dont yet have the car. i just hope they change the PP a bit maybe a step up in a little more aggressive gear.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just call 800-367-3788 and order it much easier, that's what I did.
I had no problem "ordering" the certificate, I just could not find the link to the general MCA data.

Looked a bit further and it was the "Collector Vehicles" tab that got me over to the info I could not find ...
Collector Vehicles | Mustang - 2011 MCA Edition Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Racing | Racing.Ford.com

Looked at the 2011 GT/CS and it was nice to see they actually built "more" of these than the MCA !!

Also, has anyone seen the complete 2011 Mustang production breakdown by options ?? If not, here it is ...
http://www.mustangheaven.com/2011/2011-ford-mustang-production-numbers-hit-the-web/
... found this yesterday too, 9 pages long !!

Doug

·
Registered
332 Posts
do they do anything like this for the performance package cars
YES if it is a PP MCA, but NO if it is just a PP car.

However accoring to the "2011 Mustang Take Rate Report" (link in my last post) ...
only 1.95% of 27,557 2011 V6 Mustang Coupes had the Performance Package which calculates out to be 537 cars.

Doug

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'll def order if they do this for 2012s

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll def order if they do this for 2012s
Me too. I suppose we'll have to waiting until the 2012 production
run is through before they'll have all the build info.

·
Registered
143 Posts
YES if it is a PP MCA, but NO if it is just a PP car.

However accoring to the "2011 Mustang Take Rate Report" (link in my last post) ...
only 1.95% of 27,557 2011 V6 Mustang Coupes had the Performance Package which calculates out to be 537 cars.

Doug
It seems like the straight PP cars are more scarce then the MCA addition

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It seems like the straight PP cars are more scarce then the MCA addition
They (PP option cars) came out late in the 2011 production cycle and the dealerships are unlikely to order PP cars for stock, but they did order a lot of MCA packages for stock. Also, the MCA package is available on both the coupe and the convertible. The PP option is only available on the coupe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When are the numbered dash plates supposed to come out?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
98 Posts
Idk anyone who isn't proud as hell to own one of these cars, I am sure the dash plates will be a good sell, can't wait to order one for my car anyway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ordered mine last Thursday 11/10, shipped Monday 11/14, and received Wednesday 11/16 ... great service, did not expect it to come so quick !!

The thing that blew my mind was that the "Take Report" shows "Saddle" as being the most common interior color ... 77.8% of all MCA's ... this can't be right and guess what, it's not !! Per my Dora, code 4W is the Charcoal Black Interior (not Saddle) ... the give away though is that Grabber Blue could only be had with Black (not Saddle) so they have these lines flip-flopped on the take report.

Ok, on with the details ...

Mine was built on 4/19/2010
#253 of 2023 MCA Coupes
#43 of 253 Kona Blue MCA Coupes

1 of 200 KB MCA w/ Char-Blk Interior (est. 1 of 162 Coupes)
1 of 156 KB MCA Coupe w/ 2.73 gears
1 of 101 KB MCA w/ MT-82 trans (est. 1 of 82 Coupes)
1 of 63 KB MCA w/ HID Headlamps (est. 1 of 51 Coupes)
1 of 10 KB MCA w/ Engine Imersion Heater (est. 1 of 8 Coupes)

Further estimations based on the combo:
1 of 100 KB MCA CP w/ Char-Blk Int & 2.73
1 of 51 KB MCA CP w/ C-B Int, 2.73, & MT82
1 of 17 KB MCA CP w/ C-B Int, 2.73, MT82, & HID
1 of 2 KB MCA CP w/ C-B Int, 2.73, MT82, HID, & EIH

That silly Engine Imersion Heater ... a mandatory (no charge) option for all cars sold in the state of Wisconsin ... makes my car a definite 1 of 10 but likely closer to if not a real 1 of 1 !!

Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just got mine via UPS today. #1769 of 2023 MCA coupes, #225 of 253 Kona Blue coupes, and a build date of 11/22/2010.

1 0f 77 Konas with charcoal black interior (this has to be an incorrect #)
1 of 101 Konas with the 6-speed manual
1 of 97 Konas with 3.31 gears
1 of 253 Konas with black tape stripe
1 of 116 Konas built in job 2 (196 for job 1)
1 of 75 Konas with rearview camera

1 out of 638 total MCAs with the manual trans
1 out of 665 total MCAs with the 3.31s
1 of 1094 total MCAs built in job 2 (1361 job 1)
1 of 627 total MCAs with rearview camera

A rare MCA? Not really. Will it make it any more valuable money-wise? Probably not. Do I love my MCA any less? Of course not! It's still a very unique package where I live and I couldn't be any happier. I still get a lot of looks and compliments on 'Midnight'.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anyone know when these will be available for the 2012s? Obviously the production run would have to end though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone know when these will be available for the 2012s? Obviously the production run would have to end though.
I'm waiting too. Kind of thinking a Sterling Grey 2012 MCA with
Saddle interior V6 Performance Package and Glass roof is going
to be relatively rare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I checked with MCA, and they said that Ford Performance Group has agreed to offer the COA's for th 2012 MCA edition cars. They said that it should be available in mid to late April.

Did they end up offering the dash plates for 2011's?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I checked with MCA, and they said that Ford Performance Group has agreed to offer the COA's for th 2012 MCA edition cars. They said that it should be available in mid to late April.

Thanks for checking on this and posting the info.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

No dash plates were never offered, that would have been really nice. I did ask about them and they said they did not think they would be available.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts