Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeking the Mustang Club of America upside down hickey stick stickers gor my 2011. Had my best body shop repair minor damage and they removed the stickers. Not available from Ford. Can't locate. Any directions? Tips?

·
Administrator
8,160 Posts
Welcome Shadams42, and thank you for joining AFM!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,707 Posts
They have the stripe, just doesn't say Mustang Club of America. There could also be Copyright laws involved also.

BTW, I just looked @ Ford Parts Giant to see if mine were still available still in case I wanted to get a set just in case and it looks like yours are still listed
Passenger side fender and door
Passenger side end of Hockey Stick
Drivers Side
Drivers Side Hockey Stick end
Don't know if they are just Mustang or the Mustang of America but the years they say are my year but mine are the fading ones you see in the picture below at the bottom of the door.
Edit: They do seem to be the MCoA side stripes so I would grab them quick, and actually having the part numbers you can search and see if they are available elsewhere cheaper.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
They have the stripe, just doesn't say Mustang Club of America. There could also be Copyright laws involved also.

BTW, I just looked @ Ford Parts Giant to see if mine were still available still in case I wanted to get a set just in case and it looks like yours are still listed
Passenger side fender and door
Passenger side end of Hockey Stick
Drivers Side
Drivers Side Hockey Stick end
Don't know if they are just Mustang or the Mustang of America but the years they say are my year but mine are the fading ones you see in the picture below at the bottom of the door.
Edit: They do seem to be the MCoA side stripes so I would grab them quick, and actually having the part numbers you can search and see if they are available elsewhere cheaper.
The reproduction ProMotorStripes ones are similar in style but they're thinner, have more of an angle to them, and come without the "Mustang" in them. I'd say they're better than no factory decal option though. Good find.
Unfortunately, those FordPartsGiant part #s that were listed are for a 2013-14 2012. The 2011-12 and 2013-14 MCA decals are different. The 2013-14 just has the lower rocker stripes with "Mustang Club of America" written in them. The 2011-12 has the down pointing "hockey stick" decals with "Mustang" written in them.
2011-12 only(2012 is almost the same but with "Club of America" under the "Mustang")
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

2013-14 with pretty smiling girl
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

There's good news and bad news. After looking thru the long list of decals available for the 2011 on FordPartsGiant it seems that they are apparently still available but only for the passenger side. They're sold in 2 parts for each side so you would need 4 part #s in total.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Passenger side MCA door and fender stripe kit: BR3Z-6320000-AY - Genuine Ford Parts (fordpartsgiant.com)
Building Stairs Wood Art Interior design
Adhesive Shipping box Packing materials Adhesive tape Rectangle

Passenger side quarter panel indentation decal: BR3Z-6320000-AD - Genuine Ford Parts (fordpartsgiant.com)
Discontinued driver side door/fender stripes: BR3Z-6320001-AY No valid link comes up but it did exist.
Shipping box Packing materials Rectangle Serveware Wood

Discontinued driver side quarter panel indentation decal: BR3Z-6320001-AD - Ford Parts Giant superseded to BR3Z-6320001-AW - Ford Parts Giant also discontinued.

Ebay has the passenger stripe kit: Stripe Kit Body Side Mustang Door 2011-2012 SVT Right Ford BR3Z-6320000-AY A7 | eBay
There's a few other sellers with it too: BR3Z-6320000-AY: Search Result | eBay
You can have the dealer do a nationwide dealer parts search in hopes there might be one or two of these discontinued part #s sitting on a dealer shelf somewhere.
You can have any vinyl decal company reproduce the other side for you if you have something for them to copy. They need exact dimensions. They may be able to also wing it and get repros really close with good pics and measurements even if you have nothing to go by. You might have to take the car to them.
It should also be noted that all the part #s are showing discontinued at most Ford dealers except for FordPartsGiant so idk if they have access to remaining stock or if it's a misprint on their site and they're actually all discontinued.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,707 Posts
The reproduction ProMotorStripes ones are similar in style but they're thinner, have more of an angle to them, and come without the "Mustang" in them. I'd say they're better than no factory decal option though. Good find.
Unfortunately, those FordPartsGiant part #s that were listed are for a 2013-14. The 2011-12 and 2013-14 MCA decals are different. The 2013-14 just has the lower rocker stripes with "Mustang Club of America" written in them. The 2011-12 has the down pointing "hockey stick" decals with "Mustang" written in them.
2011-12
View attachment 787484
2013-14 with pretty smiling girl
View attachment 787485
There's good news and bad news. After looking thru the long list of decals available for the 2011 on FordPartsGiant it seems that they are apparently still available but only for the passenger side. They're sold in 2 parts for each side so you would need 4 part #s in total.
Look at the pictures of those, even though they are listed as a 2013-14 they are not the same as the ones on my car
Look closely, the cut out for the door handle is even in it and the hockey stick is the second part number.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
Look at the pictures of those, even though they are listed as a 2013-14 they are not the same as the ones on my car
Look closely, the cut out for the door handle is even in it and the hockey stick is the second part number.
This particular situation is a little convoluted and strange. It turns out that Ford did discontinue the original 2011 stripes that lacked "Club of America" under the Mustang writing which would have been what the OP would have had on his car originally. Those were the part #s that I listed.
Apparently, for 2012 that almost identical version stripe had the small print "Club of America" writing added but other than that it seems that they were the same unless the sheen was also changed(gloss, matte, etc). Those were the part #s that you listed. Either will work on the OP's car but since the 2012 part #s that you supplied are all still available that's definitely the better(and for the most part only) choice to go with.
2012 MCA stripes
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive tail & brake light Font Gas

In 2013-14 the stripes were clearly completely different but in actuality the older style stripes could actually be swapped out since the sheetmetal on the side of the car was unchanged. In any case idk why Ford has those 2012 model year stripes listed as also for the 2013-14 but it wouldn't be the first time that I have discovered a mistake in the parts catalogs. It's also not helpful that they listed the 2012 stripes under the 2013-14 years in the parts catalog but not the 2011 year since those 2012 stripes really should be listed as superseding the 2011 stripes. The way it is now any Ford dealer or anyone who owns a 2011 will think that they have no more chance at getting the stripes for their car like with the OP here. It's good that you happened to see those older style 2012 stripes still listed under the newer(and wrong) 2013 model year application. Hopefully, others will see this thread and now know what to order.
This is one of those times when I wish there was some means to report a mistake and omission to whoever handles the Ford parts catalog revisions but it would almost definitely just fall on deaf ears.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,707 Posts
When I looked for the 2013-14 they only had the left side listed and it was closer to the top of the page so I scrolled down and saw right and left hockey stick ends and then the MCoA left and right with a completely different part number.
Nothing but the hockey stick ends showed up when I looked for the 2011 later

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back last December, I had my LF fender repaired (someone bumped it right at the seam with the bumper). Due to repainting the fender, the body shop had someone come in and reproduced the whole left stripe so it all matched replacing the fender, door & quarter sections. I can't see any difference between L & R sides.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts