Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'91 LX Convertible, with the luggage rack/spoiler/3rd brake light combo (until I get her repainted, and then the clean trunk lid and SE spoiler go on).

Question is....I'm trying to change our a bad bulb. I took off the two screws in the lens, but I can't get the lens out, or the housing behind it. It seems to be attached in the middle, but I can't see anything holding it in place. I'm afraid if I pull it any harder I'll break it. There are no screws in the lens or outside of the 3rd break like. From inside the trunk there does not appear to be anything to loosen to get it out. All of the mechanicals there appear to be for the trunk lid latch.

Any ideas? I tried to pry it out, but the black powdercoat on the spoiler was brittle and chipped off.

I haven't read the manual....it is in my garage. Somewhere.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
391 Posts
So you cant get the brake light (3rd) lens off the spoiler, right? It should come off when you take out the two screws. It may be stuck in there, maybe giveer a little wack w a rubber mallet. :happydance:

·
Registered
56 Posts
be careful, they get brittle!:nono:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I can't get the lens off. I can take off the screws - one at each end - but the lens is still on very tight, especially in the middle. I'm afraid some previous doofus owner put in some silicone or glue to keep out moisture. I was hoping someone knew of a secret screw that I have somehow missed. My lens is pretty brittle, and I am sure that much more pressure would break it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.