Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the story My Girlfriend goes into the store to get something when this guy I know comes up to her and ask if she was my girlfriend. So she says yes, then he asks her if I drive a GT mustang and she tells him yeah he does. So from there he tells my girlfriend that my cars a POS and fords are a POS and I should get a real car and just other ignorant stuff. Then he goes to tell her to tell me that he'll race me anywhere anytime. I mean this guys pretty cool so thats why I think he's just kidding around, but still thats not cool to call my car let alone ford a POS.
So heres my question I want to beat him pretty good, just enough to make him eat his own words. I believe he drives a 94 z28 LT1 6spd bone stock not even exhaust. I drive a 95 GT mustang auto with a powerdyne SC, full exhaust minus the headers, MSD btm, and 275 rear tires. Currently I'm running 6psi, will this be enough to put him in the lower ranks or should I order the 2.93 pulley for 9psi. I think the LT1's run like a 14.3 rite?
Also I havent gotten my car dyno tuned so I cant find the rite amount of timming for the boost, it seems at the amount I have rite now at the top of shifts around 5k-5.5k the car hesitates. does any one have the MSD btm universal kit and would know how much to set it at?

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dude, I don't know if I'm off the wall on this one, BUT it seems to me that this guy was only trying to hit on your chick. Doesn't even sound like he really wants to race you. I think he might wanna get in on your action.

Anyway, without doing any research whatsoever, since your cars are from the same time frame, I would think that you should be able take him. Since he's stick and you're auto, that works against you, but you've got a supercharger and he's stock, so I would think that overcomes the auto tranny deficit.

Again, my comments are without research, so I could be totally wrong. But I'd race him anyway, and win or lose, I'd tell him to direct any future car comments to you and not your chick.

·
Registered
244 Posts
slash his tires, puch holes in his mufflers, and ram long metal sticks through his radiator and hopefully into something in his engine. that'll teach him to run over your dog...oh wait wrong forum...

Race him...race him...I'f he's a good driver he might be able to keep up a little bit. But you being supercharged and the mods you have, you should have a pretty big hp and torque advantage over him. Add that to his added weight over yours, and you should be able to walk him pretty easily, especially with an auto, just don't get too crazy and mash the pedal from the get go and burn out for way too long...

make sure you do it in a place with witnesses and if you can, even see if anyone will record it, and someone to record all the excuses he'll make in the end if he loses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahah! I like the idea of raming long medal sticks into his radiator. I think he's a decent driver he claims that he's never lost before, but where I come from there are very few fast cars that would actually race. Although my friend raced him who has a 95 gt mustang 5spd and he had mass air flow (not sure how big), h pipe, no mufflers, and pulleys he said that the z28 was about a car length ahead at 65 and the z28 shut down rite there. Also it seems there always something wrong with his car though bc he's always driving his moms car and his is always in the shop.

Do you think I should race him from a dig or a roll I was thinking maybe a 40 mph bc this is when it feels like the blower really kicks in or maybe its just the 2nd gear. I really want to beat'em by a pretty good distance, and I got some money rite now to spend is there anything else i could do that would help (besides gears)? For sure Im going to film it though maybe I can get some one in my car filming and some one perferably alot fatter in his car so I can get shots from the winning angle and loosing angle hopefully Im in the in the winning angle. Then after the race I should punch him in the face and tell him "I aint narked on nobody!" I mean "Stay away from my girl, B*tch!" yeah that sounds good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A guy I know drives a 95 Slomaro LT1 except his is an auto. I'm running a 95' gt with straight pipes, 3.73's and bumped timing and I've never had a problem running him. I gave him a ride after I had the 3.73's installed and he said he would have no chance unless he started bolting on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm... Also the auto's in the LT1's have close times to the manuals rite? Thats what I heard. So maybe he wont be as hard as I thought to beat. Now that I think about it I remeber in class one time he was talking about how he almost lost to a gutted all motor 92-95 hatchback which arent the fastest things on the street. but theres only one way to find out who will win.

·
Registered
977 Posts
eriks95gtstang said:
Also I havent gotten my car dyno tuned so I cant find the rite amount of timming for the boost, it seems at the amount I have rite now at the top of shifts around 5k-5.5k the car hesitates.
This is your biggest issue. I had a 95 Mustang GTS for 8 years, 2 of which with a Powerdyne supercharger. Actually had both the BD-11A and the awesome gear driven XB-1A. For the 94-95 cars, if you want to not only run safely but maximize your potential, you need a tune on that bad boy, especially a dyno-tune. I did the mail order tune and it's hit and miss. Once I had my car tuned on the dyno, it was night and day. As I recall, when I first installed my 6lb Powerdyne with mail order tune, the car backfired, stalled, shut-down, etc. I then went for a dyno-tune. That tune cured all my drivability issues and I went from 340rwhp/350rwtq to 380rwhp/365rwtq SAE. So, I think with a good tune, even with your auto, you might be able to keep pace with an LT1 or even beat him. By the way, I had heads, cam, intake and exhaust to get those numbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I agree I deffinatly need a dyno tune, but trying to find some one that does dyno tune is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've found one person but im not sure if he knows what he was talking about because he told me the SN95 mustangs are pointless to dyno tune and for me to just run a colder spark plug and retard the timming 2 degrees. But I would be suprised if I couldnt beat him now even without a tune and an auto the 94's came with 275hp/320tq and from what I hear there a pretty heavy car. Also I've seen the same car as mine with same mods except a five speed and the 2.93 pulley that ran a [email protected] so how much are you suppose to add to that if its a auto?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I doubt you are going to have any problems - just go for it and don't forget to let us know how many lengths you got on him!

·
Registered
32 Posts
eriks95gtstang said:
... so how much are you suppose to add to that if its a auto?
I can't remember which 'zine I read this in but the staff took one of the project cars and switched from a 5 speed to an auto tranny and said they lost a few horses to the wheels (or something like that) in the process, but they said the auto was a bit quicker in the 1/4th because the car shifted the same each time they made a pass down the track.

Anyway I think that's the way I remember it... Seems like it would be true anyway, i don't see you missing a shift with an auto =)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd say it all depends on what kind of numbers you're putting down and times. Just knowing you're S/C isn't quite enough. Excuse my ignorance but I'm not really sure how much your model Stang would make with a SC. If you could shoot me a ball-park figure I might be able to lean one way or another.

The LT1s can run as low as 13.9 in good weather with good drivers and low mileage to about 14.5 if it's got lots of rough miles and a decent driver in decent weather. It's pretty fast for a 1994, and they can more or less keep up with 99-04 GTs stock for stock. If you've ever raced a 99-04 GT that'd be a good means of comparisson.

·
Registered
977 Posts
WS6isKing said:
I'd say it all depends on what kind of numbers you're putting down and times. Just knowing you're S/C isn't quite enough. Excuse my ignorance but I'm not really sure how much your model Stang would make with a SC. If you could shoot me a ball-park figure I might be able to lean one way or another.

The LT1s can run as low as 13.9 in good weather with good drivers and low mileage to about 14.5 if it's got lots of rough miles and a decent driver in decent weather. It's pretty fast for a 1994, and they can more or less keep up with 99-04 GTs stock for stock. If you've ever raced a 99-04 GT that'd be a good means of comparisson.
Good point. We don't race dyno's but as I recall when I was part of a local mustang club, a guy had a stock 94/95 Mustang GT (m5) with nothing but a 6lb Powerdyne and cat-back. I believe his numbers were 270rwhp/300+rwtq SAE. That would probably put him ahead of an LT1 at the track, all else being equl. Of course that's a 5 speed with a tune. An auto with no tune probably won't come close.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry but I dont have a clue of what my numbers are. The only thing I can tell you is it takes me exactly 5 seconds to get to 0-60 but then again I timed myself which cant be reliable because of so many factors, also theres a open road where I live and from the stop sign to the bridge is a 1/8th mile I usually try and see how fast I can get it up to before the bridge and I usually get 82-85mph, but then again these are all highly unreliable because of so many factors. All though I just found out that its a 93 which I dont think makes a difference. Also I think its got about 140k+ miles, and a rebuilt tranny. Well I think im going to order the 2.93 pulley hopefully I'll definatly win with this. When you say SAE does that mean the type of dyno??? sorry im new to this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.