Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo i was at a light next to a new camaro rs. and i glanced over to find that he was looking at me and then he turned back real quick.. so im waiting for the cross light to turn yellow when i see this car in the distance hauling ass. the light turns yellow and its still coming so i said F this im not gunna race this dude next to me. i see the cross light turn red and that car is still hauling ass and it gunna run the light.. the camaro floors it and after about 15 ft slams the brake due to the car running the light.. while im just chillin with my foot still on the brake at the light.. then the camaro lets that car go (didnt have a choice really almost got t-boned), i start rolling and the camaro guns it or at least 3/4 so i floor it and catch up, then pass, then flash my hazards and i win!
moral of the story is look both ways before you cross even when its your turn

·
Registered
61 Posts
I knew of a guy who saw the car coming and pulled out in front cause he saw a chance at big money. Spent 2 weeks in a coma, but survived. I don' t know if he thought it was worth it afterwards, but he was driving a Lexus shortly after the recovery.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I knew of a guy who saw the car coming and pulled out in front cause he saw a chance at big money. Spent 2 weeks in a coma, but survived. I don' t know if he thought it was worth it afterwards, but he was driving a Lexus shortly after the recovery.
Its a shame intent can't be proven, that clown should be in prison instead of driving a luxury car. Intentionally risking lives for personal profit puts him no bettter than the lowest scum on earth.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If there is any truth to this that idiot deserved the coma. Pulling out in front of someone for profit? Really? What a douche-bag!!!!!!!!! I know the other car was wrong for running the light but this idiot put multiple lives at risk for a few $$$. IDIOT

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe the Camaro would have seen the guy if there wasn't 6 inches of visibility. :gringreen

·
Banned
1,831 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The day I lost an acquaintance in a street racing accident that was in a group of car enthusiasts that I used to hang out with in college was the last day I ever thought street racing was ok.

It doesn't matter how much taunting someone in another car manages to dish out, for me, it simply will never be acceptable.

Bragging rights or that feel good moment of knowing you're faster than the other guy is not worth the expensive ticket, collosal increase in insurance cost and the fact that your license gets revoked from street racing or the fact that someone can get seriously hurt or killed from it.

If I'm going to race someone, I'll handle business at the drag strip where it's legal and the race results are printed out.

[/Debbie Downer]

·
Registered
435 Posts
The day I lost an acquaintance in a street racing accident that was in a group of car enthusiasts that I used to hang out with in college was the last day I ever thought street racing was ok.

It doesn't matter how much taunting someone in another car manages to dish out, for me, it simply will never be acceptable.

Bragging rights or that feel good moment of knowing you're faster than the other guy is not worth the expensive ticket, collosal increase in insurance cost and the fact that your license gets revoked from street racing or the fact that someone can get seriously hurt or killed from it.

If I'm going to race someone, I'll handle business at the drag strip where it's legal and the race results are printed out.

[/Debbie Downer]
I agree with you, but I tend to have a different perspective on it.

I like to accelerate. A lot! I rarely speed, as the cost of a speeding ticket is hardly worth any possible benefit of me doing the speeding. So I have no trouble accelerating to just over the speed limit as fast as possible if someone wants to challenge me, and just let them roll by once I hit that point.

I mean...I drive like that anyway whether there's someone trying to race me or not!

But racing someone and achieving ultra-legal speeds in a simple street contest is a dumb idea to say the least. Too much can happen, especially when someone is next to you doing everything they can to pass!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good call on looking both ways.

67% of the drivers in your story are retards, but then again, probably 67% of drivers on the road are retards already.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Maybe the Camaro would have seen the guy if there wasn't 6 inches of visibility. :gringreen

+1!:yup:

Have you ever driven or sat in one of these things? Beside having dreadful styling, you can't see anything! For sure cant tell where the hood ends.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1!:yup:

Have you ever driven or sat in one of these things? Beside having dreadful styling, you can't see anything! For sure cant tell where the hood ends.
i like the outside of them.. i wouldnt want one but i think they are nice to look at. but for the inside :nono: i sat in one the other day.. first of all my head hit the roof, maybe the seat was all the way up but still im not that tall. the windows are like a foot tall. its just retarded. but im not gunna complain for them, i like mystang!

·
Registered
269 Posts
then flash my hazards and i win!
Congratulations on the ricer fly-by. Which, btw, is not only often associated with Mustangs when it comes to domestic ownership, but to v6 owners. Thanks for furthering the stereotype.

Roll racing is retarded.

Are you surprised by the result? I think it's been proven over and over that the Mustang v6 is 7 or 8 tenths faster than the GM v6 offering.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It happens all the time when you drive cars like this. I had a Firebird pull up next to me today while I was cruising around the busy city streets. Speed limit 45. He kept revving up next to me wanting a race. I just chuckled and kept driving. He got next to me and yelled "30" to me. Meaning he wanted to go from a roll at 30. Busy street in the city and he wants to race...the best remedy for this is not to race the idiot...it pissed him off and that was a win in my books haha

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.