Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went 1/8 mile racing tonight! (RaceLegal at Qualcomm for any locals)
Raced a nice 4th Gen Z28 Tonight and beat him! :gringreen And most of my other slips were faster than his too!
O how I love my little 4.6 Mod motor :shigrin

Also took a Nissan 350Z Nismo Edition. And im down to 2.2 60ft with my street tires too. This is my second night out and man let me tell you if you dont race track you're crazy! What a great night!

What times are you guys running in 1/8 and 1/4 mile?? What about your 60ft??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Went 1/8 mile racing tonight! (RaceLegal at Qualcomm for any locals)
Raced a nice 4th Gen Z28 Tonight and beat him! :gringreen And most of my other slips were faster than his too!
O how I love my little 4.6 Mod motor :shigrin

Also took a Nissan 350Z Nismo Edition. And im down to 2.2 60ft with my street tires too. This is my second night out and man let me tell you if you dont race track you're crazy! What a great night!

What times are you guys running in 1/8 and 1/4 mile?? What about your 60ft??
Hey man! good job! What were your times? I went for the first time 2 weeks ago it was awesome. im going back week after next. I ran a 9.3 with a 2.2 60ft. 1/8

·
Registered
200 Posts
if you plan to go back to the track try a good drag radial tire mt makes a street 2 tire that will put you at a 1.8 60fter they say a tenth off takeoff = 3tenths off big end .. :gringreen

S

·
0 Posts
Awesome! Get those 60 fts down and you'll really be throwing a hurting on the competition.

Way to represent!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
424 Posts
does anyone have any suggestions to getting 60 ft times down? I thought 2.2 is decent for a first time but id like to get mind down to sub 2 sec. im sure onFASTmustang would too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man! good job! What were your times? I went for the first time 2 weeks ago it was awesome. im going back week after next. I ran a 9.3 with a 2.2 60ft. 1/8
I had a 9.4 but that was with 2.4 60ft :D and that was with my not so skinny friend in the car.
I need practice for one but I bet the Maximum Motorsports upper and lower control arms im puting on next week wont hurt either. lol

And i dont think ill do drag radials. No one else runs them around here and id feel like i was cheating a little bit. Like i would always get the... of course you beat that guy you have DRs and he doesnt. :so

O yea and last time I was there I beat a new Charger r/t, a couple of G35s, a early sn95 Cobra, some newish turbo VW, and a moded Cobalt SS.

Like I said.... O how i love my "little" 4.6!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
With an auto trans, the best way to get your times down is probably a higher stall torque converter and the j-mod. The stall will get you out of the hole much harder, and the j-mod is great for crisper harder shifts. Nitrous would certainly help, but on the cheaper end, try playing with tire pressure, and power brake the launch against the converter if you already don't, it'll get you closer to the powerband on launch. For a stick, tire pressure and launch rpm, and especially how you drive it, minimize wheelspin without bogging it down.

·
Registered
424 Posts
With an auto trans, the best way to get your times down is probably a higher stall torque converter and the j-mod. The stall will get you out of the hole much harder, and the j-mod is great for crisper harder shifts. Nitrous would certainly help, but on the cheaper end, try playing with tire pressure, and power brake the launch against the converter if you already don't, it'll get you closer to the powerband on launch. For a stick, tire pressure and launch rpm, and especially how you drive it, minimize wheelspin without bogging it down.
Yeah thats what i was planing on doing anyways. I am getting a new torque converter and i have a set of hitech stage 2 cams. I have wanted to do the j-mod forever but i cant seem to find anything to show me how to do it. im a little bit more of a visual learner so if i can find like a step by step type of deal id do it in a heart beat. I am also looking to order a Zex nitrous kit with a window switch of course. I will work on my launches and all that. im pretty addicted right now. When i went i was one of 3 mustangs there. everyone else there were driving integras and civics and cars like that. i beat everyone i lined up with by at least 3-4 car lengths would have been more if it was a 1/4 mile i was SO happy :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had a 9.4 but that was with 2.4 60ft :D and that was with my not so skinny friend in the car.
I need practice for one but I bet the Maximum Motorsports upper and lower control arms im puting on next week wont hurt either. lol

And i dont think ill do drag radials. No one else runs them around here and id feel like i was cheating a little bit. Like i would always get the... of course you beat that guy you have DRs and he doesnt. :so

O yea and last time I was there I beat a new Charger r/t, a couple of G35s, a early sn95 Cobra, some newish turbo VW, and a moded Cobalt SS.

Like I said.... O how i love my "little" 4.6!
ha not so skinny friend. what are your best times as of now? i think we are running pretty close. I love my 4.6 too.

I wouldnt mind a set of drag radials just because i want to keep my street tires good as long as i can. (they werent cheap) i wish i had some competition when i went. im going back week after next. there was one guy in a stang when i went and we were lined up in the staging line or whatever and we were talking some and just before we got up to the line he pulled out and i ended up running a civic kind of sucked

·
Registered
200 Posts
MT DR look and feel like a street tire and at the track they launch your car at 4500rpm without spinning:bigthumbsup now thats some g-frorce. your car will run 1.8 60fter all day

·
Registered
135 Posts
have not run at the track yet but I raced a 2001 WS6 A4 redlight to redlight one night. He has a 3200+ stall, black wing induction, o/r y, catback, tune, and Nitto NT05s. He ran an 8.33 on a hot night and beat me by 2 cars to 80. So im thinking an 8.6

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ha not so skinny friend. what are your best times as of now? i think we are running pretty close. I love my 4.6 too.
My best is that 9.4... even with the not so skinny friend :shigrin
Ive yet to go to the local "fast" track. I did that 9.4 in a stadium parking lot converted a dozen or so times a year for 1/8 mile drag. Ill probably play with my tire pressure and probably put some weight over the rear tires (sand bags or something)

and 1.8 6O fts would be fun :scratchchin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Best times with 19" 275/35 rear. 13.00/ 2.12 60'/ 107mph on a very rich tune 1/4 mile.

1/8 mile 8.4/2.1 60'

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best times with 19" 275/35 rear. 13.00/ 2.12 60'/ 107mph on a very rich tune 1/4 mile.

1/8 mile 8.4/2.1 60'
I bet that s/c and 4.10s had something to do with those nice times :shigrin

·
Registered
135 Posts
My first run ever I had a 9.117 @ 79.67mph I spun through first with a 2.167 60 ft. Then I short shifted at 5200 rpm next time I will get an 8 second slip.
The rest of the runs were slower they didnt spray anything on the track it got so slick I was sliding across the finish line. I ran consistent 9.2x @ 78-80 mph with 2.2x-2.3x 60 ft.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My first run ever I had a 9.117 @ 79.67mph I spun through first with a 2.167 60 ft. Then I short shifted at 5200 rpm next time I will get an 8 second slip.
The rest of the runs were slower they didnt spray anything on the track it got so slick I was sliding across the finish line. I ran consistent 9.2x @ 78-80 mph with 2.2x-2.3x 60 ft.
Those are some good times man
Sounds like a good car, meets good driver, meets good track :bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.