Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have factory springs on, or steeda sport springs- convertable on.
How many inches is the measurment in the front between the fender and tire?
Will help me alot!
Thanks everyone
Appreciate all the help

Yousef

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seriously, you should be asking that question in one of your other threads, about your car being too low, that you started in the last few days.

I watched your history and you also have numerous threads about tires in a short time.

Please open a thread and stick to it, this will be easier to follow for everyone.

Creating multiple posts for the same subject is not good forum etiquette.

I would give you the measurements for my Mustang, but it's a V6 Coupe.

Sorry about this, but a moderator would have gotten to you soon or later

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
My '13 GT Track Pack coupe is about 2 3/8 front and 3" rear. All stock suspension.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Seriously, you should be asking that question in one of your other threads, about your car being too low, that you started in the last few days.

I watched your history and you also have numerous threads about tires in a short time.

Please open a thread and stick to it, this will be easier to follow for everyone.

Seriously, down here we call following someone's history "stalking."

·
Registered
381 Posts
should have said "took a look at your history" instead of "I watched your history" ... no need to follow, history is just a click away.

Can't miss that beautyful red vert in the signature, so easy to know who is posting.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
If you have factory springs on, or steeda sport springs- convertable on.
How many inches is the measurment in the front between the fender and tire?
Will help me alot!
Thanks everyone
Appreciate all the help

Yousef
I kinda wonder if you actually received the springs that you ordered. Have you double checked the part numbers that are marked on the springs themselves? I had a set of Eibach Pro-Plus springs for a while and I don't recall the car being as low as yours appears to be in your pictures.

I do have Steeda Sport springs but they are for the coupe, not the convertible.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thank u very much.
and sry if that bothered u

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you!
i just don't get why he's mad.
you can ignore my thread if u don't like it! your not forced to answer every thread.
not to u carlg

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda wonder if you actually received the springs that you ordered. Have you double checked the part numbers that are marked on the springs themselves? I had a set of Eibach Pro-Plus springs for a while and I don't recall the car being as low as yours appears to be in your pictures.

I do have Steeda Sport springs but they are for the coupe, not the convertible.
steed makes sports springs for certs too.
and yeah I'm sure i received eibach pro kit springs, but i think I'm going to order steed

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Convertible Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8220 - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My '13 GT Track Pack coupe is about 2 3/8 front and 3" rear. All stock suspension.
your answer really helped me
with my eibachs right now, in the front, from fender to tire is about 0.75". so I'm guessing I'm lowered more than an 1" in the front maybe thats why!
its supposed to be roughly around 1.375" with spring that lower the car 1" in the front.
my rear is about 1.5" which is perfect for 1.5" drop from factory hight which is 3"

thanks a lot for this info!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Y,

The measurment from rim center to fender lip is more useful as it eliminates tire OD variable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y,

The measurment from rim center to fender lip is more useful as it eliminates tire OD variable.
thats correct Mud.
didn't think about that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Mine is 14 3/4 from the front center hub to the inside of the fender.

Mine isn't a convertible though, but I do have the Eibach coil overs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is 14 3/4 from the front center hub to the inside of the fender.

Mine isn't a convertible though, but I do have the Eibach coil overs.
Are they lowering your car? Or is the ride factory height?

·
Registered
896 Posts
My car is pretty low, and though the measurement is not exactly for the kind of car you asked about, my Eibachs are similar to yours and you say you are super low.

I find it hard to believe that the lack of weight would lead your car to be as low as it is, but I guess it could be true.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
thank you!
i just don't get why he's mad.
you can ignore my thread if u don't like it! your not forced to answer every thread.
not to u carlg
I don't think he's mad.

Fab's point is that when you keep all of your related discussion in one thread instead scattering bits and pieces all over the place it makes it easier for people to follow all of what you're thinking. These people would be the ones trying to help you . . . for free.

Strange mud has the same suggestion I was going to make, and that kind of measurement also reduces the errors in measurement that can creep in when the tires people are measuring from don't all sit at the same distance inside the sheetmetal due to differences in wheel width and offset.

You do realize that the weight of your supercharger is going to make many of the measurements people give you higher/bigger than yours even if the rest of their car is identical to yours.

I could give you any stock spring measurement you need, except that my car is a 2008 and may have sat at a different height or had other minor differences. They could be compared, but you'd need Ford's suspension height measurement method numbers for your car and mine to sort the differences out.

Norm

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think he's mad.

Fab's point is that when you keep all of your related discussion in one thread instead scattering bits and pieces all over the place it makes it easier for people to follow all of what you're thinking. These people would be the ones trying to help you . . . for free.

Strange mud has the same suggestion I was going to make, and that kind of measurement also reduces the errors in measurement that can creep in when the tires people are measuring from don't all sit at the same distance inside the sheetmetal due to differences in wheel width and offset.

You do realize that the weight of your supercharger is going to make many of the measurements people give you higher/bigger than yours even if the rest of their car is identical to yours.

I could give you any stock spring measurement you need, except that my car is a 2008 and may have sat at a different height or had other minor differences. They could be compared, but you'd need Ford's suspension height measurement method numbers for your car and mine to sort the differences out.

Norm
Thanks Norm. I appreciate that.
Well hopefully i can see whats the issue in a couple of days when i swap my springs out!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't think he's mad.

Norm
thanks Norm! You say it so much better than i..... oh well!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My car is pretty low, and though the measurement is not exactly for the kind of car you asked about, my Eibachs are similar to yours and you say you are super low.

I find it hard to believe that the lack of weight would lead your car to be as low as it is, but I guess it could be true.
Well i hope thats not the issue. The supercharger is adding about 60lbs. But im swapping my springs with steeda soon and i hope that fixes it. Also with a new set of wheels and tires

1 - 19 of 19 Posts