Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used Meguiar's Black Wax? Just saw it at the store and was thinking about giving it a try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nowdays I think all waxes do the same thing. Decades ago there were probably some better than others but now with all the hi-tech chemcials I doubt if you pit two cars next to eaxch other with two differnt waxes or polishes not a single sole could point at one and identify which wax was used. 3M has always excelled as a leader in the chemcial industry so I lean towards them but they are all basically the same. The most important thing is to keep your paint clean,free of contaminates and keep a coat of wax on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried this product and thought it was pretty good. I used to use Meguiars ultimate, but I think the black wax is better.

R

·
0 Posts
Nowdays I think all waxes do the same thing. Decades ago there were probably some better than others but now with all the hi-tech chemcials I doubt if you pit two cars next to eaxch other with two differnt waxes or polishes not a single sole could point at one and identify which wax was used. 3M has always excelled as a leader in the chemcial industry so I lean towards them but they are all basically the same. The most important thing is to keep your paint clean,free of contaminates and keep a coat of wax on.
This is basically the same conclusion I came to after several years, although durability is higher for synthetic sealants versus traditional carnuba paste.

The only thing I try to do is stick with one brand for compounding, polishing, and sealing since some formulas are designed to work better together. For instance you can skip the alcohol wipe down between polishing and sealing if you use Meguiar's sealant after using their polish since the oils in both were designed to work together.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips. I think I'll give it a try for my next wax.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
It mite be a stupid question but since i have never used a "Wax" and i have heard that this particular wax has almost little grains i want to use this but im afraid i will scratch the paint any ideas or tips?

·
Registered
92 Posts
It won't miss up your paint in anyway. It didn't mine when I done a full detail on mine in about June. Turned out great and was really impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
is it better to use the drill powered buffer or by hand with an applicator? and i have the exact same car deep inpact blue did you see a difference in the shine?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I done mine all by hand but from what I've been told you will get better results with a buffer.. don't know how it could get much better though cause like I said I was really impressed and I couldn't imagine it any better even if I done mine all by hand.

Wash n dry
Clay bar
Wash n dry
Polish
Wax

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it is all in one it doesn't say on the box or tube.

Edit: I take that back I see what your say in now if thats the case then mine got 2 coats of polish them :heha:

·
Registered
344 Posts
is it better to use the drill powered buffer or by hand with an applicator? and i have the exact same car deep inpact blue did you see a difference in the shine?
Unless you are more patient with hand-buffing than I am (totally possible) you will get much better results with a buffer. Get a random orbital and a couple of foam bonnets of different consistencies. You will be amazed at the results.

I am a bit of a fanatic. Probably you are, too, or you wouldn't be on this forum. Try this order: wash, dry, clay bar with Griot's Speed Shine or similar, polish with buffer, wax with buffer. Remove both polish and wax with really good terry cloth or microfiber (if you can stand the feel of it on your hands.)

Even newer, lighter colors show noticeable improvement under this therapy. Dark colors are awesome.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have some but haven't used it yet... I sealed the car with jet seal after i bought it and have been using the meguires quick detail spray. The meguires quick detail is awesome. I had beads of water the size of dimes on my hood and they roll right off. Great results for such a quick job. Im gonna try that black wax before winter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
559 Posts
Me and my dad have been using Meguiars products for years. Black wax isn't bad as a specialty item, but the best overall wax we have found so far is Gold Class.
Photo Album - Imgur

I have yet to use their new Ultimate Wax, but it is next on the list. I'm curious to see how it compares to that.^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts