Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my room mate and i were at pep boys, stopping in to by some tire gel and a quick detailer when we came across Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint care system. The three different products are as follows: Paint Cleaner, Polish, and Carnaubu wax. So i looked at him and said wth... why not. the three products came out to about 20 dollars after tax. we returned to my house where we proceeded to wash the car etc.

the process is very simple but time consuming. the paint cleaner and polish cannot dry, but are applied as if you were applying a wax to the car, for those who have never used these products before. as it says on the bottle, do not let these two products touch any vinnal on the car ( as i have vinnal stripes, the process got a bit tedious at times). the wax is applied over the entire car, set to dry and then wiped off.

the product worked extremely well. i got my car used at 30k miles and it is now at 50k miles. i have always cleaned it with microfiber towels and 100% terry cotton towels keeping the swirls off my car, but after using this product, my car looked as if i had been taking terrible care of it. My roommates car's paint was restored very well, and the paint cleaner even removed many of the swirls.

now keep in mind, from start (washing the car) to finish (detailing rims, tires, and black plastic) this process took 4.5 hours; however if you have the time and enjoy detailing your car, i would highly recommend this product. especially because it only cost $20. my car's paint looks fresh and everything slides right off it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have used this stuff forever. I had a Black 83 Bronco and found this was the only stuff that wouldn't leave swirl marks. I just can't find the wax around here. Always liked the caranuba wax because it was just that, wax and not cleaner/wax.

·
Registered
41,515 Posts
Meguiars makes some good products. You only missed one process and that would be to clay bar the car. You will be more than impressed with the results.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It all works, it took me nearly 4 hours, but I am very impressed how black my car is now, look almost new.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive always been wondering how to clay bar a car because ive never done it myself
any tips?

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's a breeze. You spray on the lubricant (quick detailer) and then move the clay bar across the surface. You'll see the dirt deposits on the clay bar, all you do is kneed the clay and keep going. Then you wipe the area with a microfiber cloth.

As far as the entire system, I love the paint cleaner. It removes swirl marks and makes the paint look great. The polish on the other hand didn't seem to do much for me. I've started to skip the polishing step.

In order to save time just purchase an orbital buffer. They are paint safe, faster, and you'll get much better results than doing it by hand. All Meguiars products can be applied by machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.