Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoops, I did it again...yeah, could not resist the 0% deal. Many hours of conversations with the wife, going back and forth about it, actually feeling a little guilty...like, how much is enough here? In the end, the justification/excuse was that this is gonna be the show car, the one I hope to keep as close to mint as possible, maybe 2K miles a year max, hand down to my son if he's ready to take care of it when I pass...

Ahh, who knows. Wifey drove it back from Richmond -- we went down there again, just like with Dixi, as it was the only place left with a Limer as far as I could tell from FordDirect -- and she had a smile on her face the whole ride. First comment when we got back home: "Wow." I did take it on about a 2 mile test drive and goosed it several times...and just like that other guy said in one of the other threads...now I know why you GTers are so puzzled by the V6 crew. It's just a totally 'nother vehicle, with a different (WAY more confident) sound, surer feel even stock, faster off the line and plain fearsome once you get up a head of steam. It is an awesome piece of machinery.

So now it's the menage a trois I've always dreamed of...

Dixi Candace and Luci Elinor

I'm just damn lucky to be alive right now, for the latest renaissance of America's Car.

M
U
S
T
A
N
G
S

R
U
L
E
!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Dixi's going to be jelous:D Nice addition:gringreen

·
Registered
787 Posts
Time to change that signature.
The old toolbox: A great place to be, don't you think??

Congratulations, you and the wife!!

N

·
0 Posts
v6 faster off the line? who toldya that? kscoyote? ...lol....congrats bro

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very nice to see..Can never have too many Fords or Mustangs.
Congrats on the step up.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
welcome to the 2 horse club :) congrats!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
How blessed you are. Enjoy both rides. I bet you drive
the GT more. I love the difference between the two!
Both cars look sharp!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Just make sure to get that Ford sticket off the Limer. My dealer had this big white sticker on mine, was a ***** to remove the sticky crap.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
you lucky son of a ....

congrats man! like the limer!

like jenkins said, get rid of that pesky dealer sticker. get your wifes hairdryer (you know, the one that gets so hot you could bake cookies with the dang thing) and heat the hell out of that sticker, then it will come off leaving very little adhesive and no marks on the paint. then use a little adhesive remover or rubbing alcohol to get the rest off.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Also, don't advertise where you got it, as in the license plate frame. Get a chrome one like I did. Nothing worse than being in a car with dealer names all over it.

That's what I like most about the car, it doesn't have Ford or Mustang plastered all over it, like the old body with Mustang on the rear bumper. Totally cheesy.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Congrats on the addition to the garage. I'm hoping to have another SN95 in less than a year. After that, a S197 of some form or fashion, maybe even a GT500 if things go well at my new job.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Yes, Welcome to the Two Horse Club. Its great to be able to have it more than one way.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
FordFreak said:
Damn, this thread isn't what I thought it was about! :evillol:
Yes, very very disappointed.:sterb:

Still, it is good to have you on the dark side, with a GT in the stable. How long until you "understand" what the convertible guys are talking about?

I never will but some of them really look sharp.... in a convertible kinda way :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
A Man Can Dream

I suggest you head on over to the "Mustang Ladies" gallery and select your dream trist -- leave the forums for real car talk!

;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
u think the GT sounds deep and loud and feels just great dontcha? then how would u feel when u get a borla catback and a k&n aircharger with a proper tune like i did, now that's a different car. anyway, sooner or later you'll save up for mods. congrats

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wish I could afford another one but I'm having to much fun with this one. CONGRATS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts