Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the other nite my girlfriend and i were driving back to my house for a nice relaxing dinner. when a guy silver s500 matches up to my speed (50mph) and just gives me a dirty look. his girlfriend was like tryin to stop him from being rude or somethin. a split second later he guns it, my first instinct was to drop it to 2nd.....so i did. and within no time i fly by him waving my hand at his girlfriend :wavey. and to make it even better we meet again at the following stop light. my girl and i glace over just to see him pissed off while his girlfriend is laughing at him :hihi:. after flying by him i had to intentions in racing again (plus i was almost on E). but nooo the Benz driver's ego was just wayyy to big, then light turns green and his tires light up. so what do i do?? ditto. my wheels started to hop, but i was long gone by 80 mph. i almost felt bad but he was askin for it...

more more thing.
this morning after i droppped my sister off at her friends house, i met up with an cl55 AMG on the way home. it was the supercharged 5.4L version not the v12's. but anyways i gave him a friendly rev, he didnt respond. and when the light turned green he didnt even bother. he was a young kid is say around 19 or 20. we met again at another light, no cars around. same outcome, just crusin. did he not race bcuz he was soo sure he would win or just bcuz he didnt want to??? could it take out a stock terminator???? :headscratch:

let me know what you guys think about my story!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah im guessing the first one was an sl500? I had to pick one up from a dealership and take it back to my work, and it wasnt as quick as it looks. Its hard to say how well the AMG would have done, depending on what you have doen to your cobra. The 5.4 supercharged have about 375lbtq, my boss's wife has one. He said its got a nice kick to it which im sure it does, it would have been a cool race though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my cobra is bone stock.
its a 2004 mystic, i want to get it dyno'd to get numbers but cant find one around. cars and even trucks pick on me left and right its kind of annoying lol. a couple nights ago i also raced an SS. it sounded cammed (thing was loud!) and i barely saw after market gauges through the blacked out windows. i was surprised to see myself walk away from it. by 80mph it must have been at least a car length behind me. i dont know if im just underestimating my car or if cobras could really take out camaro SS' no problem. i wanna hear some race stories if ya got some. how would term cobras do against a charger srt8?? theres 3 that i always see crusin around here. oh and theres this c5 zo6 ive been seein around a lot lately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and that first race was with a mercedes s500.
it had that 2002 body style. he probally thought he had a chance bcuz he had a v8 or v12. they come with the following options
4.3L V8; 5.0L V8; 5.8L V12; 5.5L V8

·
Registered
145 Posts
my cobra is bone stock.
its a 2004 mystic, i want to get it dyno'd to get numbers but cant find one around. cars and even trucks pick on me left and right its kind of annoying lol. a couple nights ago i also raced an SS. it sounded cammed (thing was loud!) and i barely saw after market gauges through the blacked out windows. i was surprised to see myself walk away from it. by 80mph it must have been at least a car length behind me. i dont know if im just underestimating my car or if cobras could really take out camaro SS' no problem. i wanna hear some race stories if ya got some. how would term cobras do against a charger srt8?? theres 3 that i always see crusin around here. oh and theres this c5 zo6 ive been seein around a lot lately.
Charger SRT-8 has no chance, they are mid to high 13 second cars. Stock cobras run low 13's, high 12's stock. But if you don't want to loose I would stay away from that C5Z Stock for stock it's close but the z will edge you out on the top. The Best race i had pre pulley was a SRT-10 truck got him by 4-5 lengths and he thought i was a easy kill. Gotta love people that mistake our cars for mere GT's :bigthumbsup.

Now mod that thing. Mid 12's easy on a catback, CAI, pulley, and a tune. Best bang for the buck :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah the srt8 is nothing to worry about. and a stock ss camaro or even slightly modded should be much of a problem for you as long as you can drive. I dont know that much about mercedes, but it must have had one of the v8's in it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
For a stock Cobra, a SRT8 is everything to worry about if you are racing from a roll. Stick to racing a SRT8 from a dig and you'll be ok.

Stock SS Camaro's don't have a thing coming. Modded; different story.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For a stock Cobra, a SRT8 is everything to worry about if you are racing from a roll. Stick to racing a SRT8 from a dig and you'll be ok.

Stock SS Camaro's don't have a thing coming. Modded; different story.
Hmmm... I never had any trouble with the SRT8's I raced when i was stock. (2 chargers and a 300) :headscratch:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.