Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just out of curiosity today, I removed the gas cap and ran the system check. It reported "Gas Cap OK". That's confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
so just out of curiosity today, I removed the gas cap and ran the system check. It reported "Gas Cap OK". That's confidence inspiring.
it is not checking if the cap is on or not...it checks whether the venting through the cap is ok or not...I think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
just for sh - ts and grins and if you really want to see if its working properly leave the trunk lid open, run a system check and see if it detects it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you ever tried to drive with the hood all the way up? Yeah. Didn't think so....

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
My hood popped open, just the first notch!, passing the line on the track last weekend... I guess I had not closed it properly from cooling... I look like an idiot now closing it then giving it a few strong pulls...

Anywho... no light came on for the first notch... not that you can miss the sound and view of the hood coming up an inch!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
It wont react right away, takes some driving time before the system will actually complete its checks.

SharpTJ said:
it is not checking if the cap is on or not...it checks whether the venting through the cap is ok or not...I think.
Correct.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
falvarezwin said:
OH MAN!! Your right, I never have, !! That wasn't my point. My point was (quite obvious) that the car didn't know the hood was not in the down and locked position.
What do you want it to tell you?

Relax man. he was being funny, you're just being harsh

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually I can say I've had it tell me something worthwhile twice. Once it popped up and told me I only had 50 miles left to empty, which was kinda nice I suppose, and another time the trunk was full, I think some things shifted a bit in there and pulled the emergency release? Either that or I accidently hit the trunk release button on the transmitter. Anyway, it beeped at me because the trunk was open.

Other than that though.. I use mine in dual display mode with the MPG graph function and the odo/trip. I also like that it monitors fuel consumption and mpg, makes logging my spending a little easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts