Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ENCOUNTERED ANY OF THE NEW BIG 3? Now that camaro is gone has anyone met any of the last muscle cars standing? i'm dying to meet one on the highway but havent yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ENCOUNTERED ANY OF THE NEW BIG 3? Now that camaro is gone has anyone met any of the last muscle cars standing? i'm dying to meet one on the highway but havent yet...
-- naw, nobody wants to play around here, and it's mostly MBs, BMWs, etc., though I have seen a couple of those evil Audi S4's.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Unless you have a S/C or a bad driver in the GTO, it will spank you. Either year, the 04 not as bad as the 05. The Charger R/T will be close and could come down to the driver, unless it is the SRT 8 which, as yet, has not released.

You need at least 295 RWP to get into the 04 GTO rwhp game. The 05 is putting down 330. Those are both the lowest figures I've seen, personally. But they weight about 3800 lbs, so the Mustang has a weight advantage. With headers and tuning the 05 is at 400whp. The Charger R/T is putting down about 270/280 rhp but weights about 4000 lbs and 4 ugly doors.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Go to the Kill section... they say you can get an 04 GTO everytime, and the 05 GTO is a drivers race.

I envy the 400hp, but I payed $7000 less for my mustang, I am just goign to have to build the power

·
Registered
239 Posts
You need to find a race track

Nghtrnnr,

I think you need to find a race track to get your 'street' racing urge in check. I've already seen a couple posts by you looking for other cars to challenge. It's OK to come across an M3 or Boxter at the light and smoke them at a 'chance encounter'; but, to go out looking for it like I think you are is a little scary:eyebulge: .

The track is where you put the high R's with your pony. Good luck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just thought I'd mention how nice the owners have been of all the other modern Muscle Cars that I've met up with so far. Sort of the same show of respect that my 76 Jeep gets from all brands of off-roaders. I didn't know that existed before now. We pulled up beside a GTO with a plate that said "GT OHHH" at a redlight, and he gave us a big grin and a thumbs up. We walked out to our car from a Cracker Barrel restaurant to find a Charger owner walking the same way. We both were checking out each other's cars, LOL, and as we both unlocked our cars, a big smile and a nod. I've even gotten some love from a new Impala. I haven't shopped for Impalas, so I don't know much about them, but this one was pretty sharp and had some extra stuff under that hood scoop. He grinned and chirped the tires for me (I was in the turn lane, couldn't return the favor).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Spare us...

MGPony said:
Nghtrnnr,

I think you need to find a race track to get your 'street' racing urge in check. I've already seen a couple posts by you looking for other cars to challenge. It's OK to come across an M3 or Boxter at the light and smoke them at a 'chance encounter'; but, to go out looking for it like I think you are is a little scary:eyebulge: .

The track is where you put the high R's with your pony. Good luck.
Give the guy a freakin break! He's just making conversation... this forum has been filled with the same kind of comments since I got here - and before, I'm sure.

I haven't had a chance to come up on a Charger yet and convince him to smoke me in my V6, but they sure do look big and clumsy - course I'm just sayin that cause I envy all the horses runnin around inside!

But unlike most of the other Stang owners, I like the look of the Charger, even with 4 doors. I just think it's too big...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts