Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my install appointment today for the race spec shift in my 13' GT. I live in Augusta, Ga where they are located. George was super nice. He was ready and got started as soon as i walked in and got my car on the lift. Funny thing was when he popped open the center console there was already an old version of his shifter installed by the previous owner. I had thought my car shifted different from others i test drove a year ago but had no idea there was an early model MGW in it. I didnt get to see much of what George was doing because he was under the car diligently working away. Polite but a little quiet, he knocked out the install in about an hour. He was very fluid in his movements and having designed the parts knew exactly what he was doing. Pretty neat to watch him work. Next to my car was their shops white GT350 on a lift. Beautiful car. While chatting, i learned they only do 2 installs a week and only on wednsdays. He does them for free as well. Explains the 3+ months i had wait for an appointment. Said he likes to keep up with any changes ford may have done between builds and can spot them during installs. I also switched out my shift ball with one of the MGW weighted gripper knobs. The difference in feel and shifting after the full install is night and day. You can definitely feel how sturdy the thing is bolted to the transmission. 1-2 shifts are deliberate and snappy. 2-3 is right in as long as you let the shifter do it for you. Im not used to it yet and keep putting an angle on the shift which hits the gate. 3-4 is heaven. I am very happy with the results. Like i got a new car it feels so different. The shifter does have some vibration through it from being connected to the transmission but there is zero noise coming in. George at MGW was a great guy. On our way out he asked what size shirt i wear and walked off. He came back with 2 shirts for me and my dad whom had come with me. I would for sure recommend anyone to go MGW. Very customer oriented and the parts are world class. Im gonna go for a drive now.
-K-Sauce

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice! You gotta love someone who takes that much pride in his products

Scott

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's great to hear about honest "made in the U.S.A" products and the people who are behind them. Given how many of these products get ripped off by cheap, inferior Chinese knock-offs, we need to stand behind people like George and MGW or they will cease to exist. I worked for someone like George in the 4x4 world and watched it happen to him. It was not only devastating for him and his family, but in the end we all suffer for the losses of these creative business people.

From reading this story, I can tell he cares greatly for his product and the customers who purchase them. I know where my shifter is coming from.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's great to hear about honest "made in the U.S.A" products and the people who are behind them. Given how many of these products get ripped off by cheap, inferior Chinese knock-offs, we need to stand behind people like George and MGW or they will cease to exist. I worked for someone like George in the 4x4 world and watched it happen to him. It was not only devastating for him and his family, but in the end we all suffer for the losses of these creative business people.

From reading this story, I can tell he cares greatly for his product and the customers who purchase them. I know where my shifter is coming from.
^^^Well stated....agree 110%!!^^^thumbsup3.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts